corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Playstation 3 advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Playstation 3 advice needed
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
14th Feb 12 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I currently have a Playstation 2 and a Samsung surround sound system and am thinking about cutting my losses, selling both and getting a Playstation 3

My understanding is that the Playstation 3 has blu-ray capability so the picture will be noticeably better when playing standard DVDs than on my Samsung with the added bonus of being able to play blu ray DVDs aswell? Is that correct?

Im not a massive gamer, only really play the football games (FIFA and pro evo) and possibly the odd game of Tiger Woods Golf and Guitar Hero (or something similar).

Which model should I go for? I will play online every now and again against mates but not massively so dont want to go for the top of the range model if the bottom of the range will be more than suitable for my usage.

Any advice would be much appreicated
corsaaa_16v

14th Feb 12 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the surround sound system I currently have - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-HT-XQ100-Watt-Designer-Theatre/dp/B000GJI3Q8
Balling
Premium Member

14th Feb 12 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on your TV and current DVD player you MAY see a slight increase in DVD quality, but it will more than likely be less than what you notice with the naked eye.

On most newer TV's Blu Ray will look miles better though.

The only difference between the PS3 models is the hdd size and as that can easily and cheaply be upgraded at a later date, don't bother with anything but the cheapest one you can find.

chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Feb 12 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get one of the ps3 slims.
LeeM

14th Feb 12 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blu rays are better with a surround sound so id keep that

New Poll