corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lee Clark- Huddersfield- Sacked

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lee Clark- Huddersfield- Sacked
AlexSXI

User status: Offline
15th Feb 12 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4th in the League?!

What the fuck?
Russ

15th Feb 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tapped up, he's been talking to another club and asked the board his permission to speak to them, theyve said yes, have all the permission you want.
Nath

15th Feb 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leeds.
JonnyJ

15th Feb 12 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better not be fucking Leeds. He's a bit if a hero to Huddersfield fans, going to Leeds would wreck that. Reckon Danny P would hunt him down.
Russ

15th Feb 12 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds more than likely. Sacking him would mean a payout, so maybe it's their golden handshake for his hardwork
Nath

15th Feb 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fans on their board seem delighted and all want Warnock back
Nath

15th Feb 12 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hahahahaha get in sacked !! odious, arrogant prick

The Lord has seen the Light......Warnock please

Automatics back on then with someone sensible in charge. Come on Town!!!!!

Best news of year, get on the phone to Grayson asap

Fina-****ing-lly

JonnyJ

15th Feb 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strange. They are said to have quite a big budget this year but with teams like Charlton and both the Sheffield clubs in there 4th is hardly the worst possible position.
Nath

15th Feb 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Especially as they didnt sell Rhodes, big statement of intent that. Like you say L1 is ridiculous this season.

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by Nath]
JonnyJ

15th Feb 12 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to have split opinion on their board. Some happy, some saying it could all backfire. 3 defeats in 55 sounds good but we dont watch the team week in week out.

Be careful what you wish for is definitely something I'd be saying to them though. In our playoff season under Foyle we played some of the shittest, defensive football, we all said how our manager was holding us back yet hes still taken us closer to promotion than anyone so far. We play pretty, attacking football now which is what we all wanted before but now half our board wish we could just grind out consistent 1-0 wins
Nath

15th Feb 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely no pleasing everybody.
JonnyJ

15th Feb 12 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really isnt, football fans can be bizarre at times.

I remember our run where we won about 10/11 on the bounce, yet we had people saying "oh it didnt feel like a win, we were shit, awful to watch" "I'd rather see us win every game 4-3 than 1-0 etc etc"

So now we start scoring for fun but also leaking goals and everyone is now "why cant we be tight at the back" "too much attacking, cant keep a clean sheet, frustrating"

Arrrgggghhhhhhh. I said to my mates who i go with when we were grinding the results out that aye, its shit but one day we are going to miss these 1-0 wins.
Russ

15th Feb 12 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Really isnt, football fans can be bizarre at times.

comes to something when a guy who's lost 3 times in 50odd gets cheered when hes sacked a guy who has won 5 all season gets commiserations when he's sacked

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by Russ]
Hammer

15th Feb 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next Wolves manager.
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate him
Russ

15th Feb 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Next Wolves manager.
Ās said. Wouldn't mind.
Danny P

15th Feb 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Better not be fucking Leeds. He's a bit if a hero to Huddersfield fans, going to Leeds would wreck that. Reckon Danny P would hunt him down.

Hunt him down? I'd drive the arrogant Geordie cunt to Elland Road me sen.
JonnyJ

15th Feb 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That bad? I thought he was doing alright like
Nath

15th Feb 12 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey, I was thinking the same!
Hammer

15th Feb 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goes to show you how fans are blind to their own team. To any neutral Lee Clark is doing an excellent job, or sorry was.
Danny P

15th Feb 12 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a bit of a fuller view of my feelings at the moment.

From the outside looking in I can understand why you might think its a bit of a strange sacking. However, when you are watching pretty much every week you get a very different view.

The current side isn't as good as the side we had last season. The side last season wasn't as good as the side the season before that. He's gone through 50 players in 3 years, yet we are still no better than we were when he first got the job. His constant messing with the team and baffling attitude towards some players has also let him down. He is a very arrogant man and doesn't like to be questioned. Many times he has spat his dummy out at local press when they have dared to question his abillity to manage. At Notts County after we let a 2-0 slip he refused to speak to them full stop! His man management skills are appauling as well, often sending players out on loan to "teach them a lesson" only to have to recall them and play them due to the replacements not being good enough. He's also froze out a number of players for reasons we dont know (rumours of personallity clashes) who have all now gone on to play at higher level.

This season our position is almost entirtely down to Rhodes's phenominal for, it papers over the decline in the quality of our play, which is as poor and hoof-like. A far cry from the fast, free flowing football he played when he first joined Town. We have thrown away 20 points when we have been in a winning position, and drawn far too many games. People see us not losing and think we are doing well, what they dont realise is that we aren't winning either.

He's always had a massive budget, and has always been backed by the chairman, as above he's been allowed to sign50 players in his time at time, and many have been high profile players on high wages.

Last night was the final straw for many. I'd always had slight doubts but was willing to give him time but I finally snapped last night. It was the worst football I have seen us play in years (and trust me i've seen some shite!) but Clark comes out afterwards and claims we were unlucky and played well. I actually couldnt believe what I was hearing.

I thank Clark for his first season with us, that was one of the most enjoyable season I think i've ever had watching Town, but since then it has all gone downhill. I think he started to believe his own hype.

Hopefully now we can salvage this season, although being potentially 7 points behind Sheff United with only 16 games to go I fear it may be too late. All the pundits, journos, etc will probably be thinking we are mental, but i'd bet money that they havent seen us play recently. The stats on paper may look good, but football isn't played on paper.
Nath

15th Feb 12 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough
JonnyJ

15th Feb 12 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Goes to show you how fans are blind to their own team. To any neutral Lee Clark is doing an excellent job, or sorry was.

Can go that way, or they see what we dont see week in week out. All we see is the league table, which doesnt always tell the full story. I'd always tend to trust someone who goes week in week out than what some neutral sees for 2 mins of highlights.
Hammer

15th Feb 12 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point. We had the same with Strachan when he was winning everything and doing well in Europe but the football was gash.

End of the day though, the table does tell the full story or as close as you will get anyway. Fans can get too wound up in every little detail. Strachan, for all his faults, did well. Clark, for any faults he has, is doing well with what he has been given.
Nath

15th Feb 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can relate to it. If we go up this year Brabin won't have a scooby what to do in L2. He'd be playing 4-5-1 at home to Accrington and loaning in 6 strikers. But, he'd have every right to have a crack at it for getting us there. Tough call by the Chairman.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lee Clark- Huddersfield- Sacked 23 database queries in 0.0171330 seconds