corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Laptop Battery Replacement (Dell 1525)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laptop Battery Replacement (Dell 1525)
Dom

User status: Offline
15th Feb 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a battery for a Dell 1525; does anyone know of any decent places to order replacements? Have seen loads on eBay but I'm after something more legit than a Hong Kong special that'll last all of five minutes.
John

15th Feb 12 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure best place for them Dom, probably best looking at ebay reviews.

I've seen legit ones comes before that clearly aren't.

Definitely stay away from 3rd party, never had a good one.
Dom

15th Feb 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems a bit of a minefield on eBay, plus most of them are 4400mAH instead of the original 5000mAH (56wH). Will have to keep hunting although i know Dell sell them for £90
ed

15th Feb 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a generic Dell replacement from Amazon - it was as bad as the knackered one it replaced. Don't do that.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best bet if you're looking on eBay is to search by the part number and compare the image on the advert to your actual battery.

I've bought quite a few genuine Dell batteries and chargers from there in the past, never had any problems and obviously much cheaper than Dell themselves (even I can't get decent trade pricing off them, regardless of whether I buy one unit or 10,000 - the tight fuckers).
Dom

15th Feb 12 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all, will grab the one Sam pointed out to me on eBay.

Ed - Saw the cheapies on Amazon, some get decent reviews though but as said to Sam i'm a bit windy with purchasing batteries after grabbing 'genuine' ones in the past that turned out to be dud.

New Poll