corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe spark plug

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe spark plug
corsajay88

User status: Offline
17th Feb 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was giving my car a clean and checked my spark plugs and one of them is covered in a thick black soot, the other 3 are fine. what would cause this. im changing them this weekend anyway but would like to know why its like this thanks
TMM

17th Feb 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dry soot or oily?

If it's dry then it could be a dud plug or a weak HT lead - changing the plugs may sort it, so keep an eye on how the new plugs look after a few miles.

If that one cylinder still soots up and you know the HT lead is OK then check the injector (swap it with another one, see if the sootiness follows the injector). Or if it stays with the same cylinder do a compression test and compare the results.
corsajay88

17th Feb 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its dry, Changed the plug, had the headgasket done a couple of weeks ago and the compression is good. Il see how it goes tomorow. Thanks mate

New Poll