corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bus related question

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bus related question
am4nf

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 12 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was driving along a street with cars parked all along my side when a bus pulled out of a side street maybe 5 car lengths away and just kept coming forcing me to stop after him just sitting like a pleb holding his hands up and me trying to gesture that i had the right of way as he pulled out and he should back up, i finally reversed into a space to let him past but told him to stop and open his window, he said he was very sorry he didnt see me and he said he wasnt allowed to reverse with passengers on board.

is this true? it was a stagecoach
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bus wankers.
am4nf

22nd Feb 12 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i should ad that he had enough room to pull out and be on the right side of the road and stop for me to pass the last parked car
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 12 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drive a bus and re-post.
chloe16v

22nd Feb 12 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no bus drivers are not allowed to reverse unless they have someone watching them back
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 12 at 01:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Says who?

I would guess its company policy but that has no basis in law.

[Edited on 22-02-2012 by Ian]
Anty
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 01:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget to ring your bell, so you know when to stop
chloe16v

22nd Feb 12 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Says who?

I would guess its company policy but that has no basis in law.

my fella is a bus driver, he isnt allowed to reverse unless there is someone behind him watching him back
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 12 at 01:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Company rule though right
am4nf

22nd Feb 12 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guy still clearly seen me
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 12 at 01:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point is he's driving a big vehicle as a job, easier for the car to sort it out.

Too many people with no idea what constitutes driving something a bit bigger sticking to their right of way out of principle. Usually people who've never been out of a hatchback.

Not a dig btw, I'm having a more general rant about most motorists, but that is my point.
chloe16v

22nd Feb 12 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure ian tbh,

if im driving our van and im on a road with parked cars, i would expect a car to reverse for me, i have no back window and cant see clearly behind me, plus it is alot easier reversing a car, also if i was in my car i would reverse for anything larger
am4nf

22nd Feb 12 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was round a bend yes i wouldnt have a problem reversing, but it was the fact he pulled out and clearly seen me but just kept coming
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 12 at 01:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are certainly in the right, but he's doing an already difficult job, I'd personally have had that in my mind the whole time.

If I'm pootling about going nowhere special, I don't really bother employing my rights.
baza31

22nd Feb 12 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
im not sure ian tbh,

if im driving our van and im on a road with parked cars, i would expect a car to reverse for me, i have no back window and cant see clearly behind me, plus it is alot easier reversing a car, also if i was in my car i would reverse for anything larger

That's why women don't drive vans . Vans are a higher status on roads than horses and inless you barge your way through and get through gaps half size of the width of the van then you shouldn't be driving one.

On a serious point driving a wagon or bus etc is a nightmare and you seem
To come across more arseholes than normal. Also majority of time car behind is within 6ft of back of wagon and you can barely see then if it all . If it's a bike no chance . So if you don't reverse then you won't have an accident where 52 people are going to claim .

Also they have a time scale to abide by, there's passengers on there with places to go.

You don't realise till your driving something 50ft long
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 12 at 02:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edit - just remembered HC has been revised to reword the rule about it, so it now doesn't just refer to stops -

Buses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely, especially when they signal to pull away from stops. Look out for people getting off a bus or tram and crossing the road.

AlunJ

22nd Feb 12 at 05:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does this work In the case of my local bus station then? The buses drive into bays, drop off/pick up then reverse back and go on their way
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 07:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a bus station not a public highway therefore different rules will apply.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
corsa-torque

22nd Feb 12 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm afraid it's a company rule, that no bus is allowed to reverse without the aid of a banksman.
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bus drivers run over cyclists, why should they give a shit about whether they hit a car when reversing or not?

[/controversy]
Eddx14xe

22nd Feb 12 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bullocks. Bus drivers at Cambridge have to reverse out of the bus depot spaces. There is never anyone behind them watching/guiding them. A majority of these are stage coach buses as well.
Jenko_Sport

22nd Feb 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
Bullocks. Bus drivers at Cambridge have to reverse out of the bus depot spaces. There is never anyone behind them watching/guiding them. A majority of these are stage coach buses as well.

Thats in a depot you tard
Mertin

22nd Feb 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Two depots near me have people there to blow their whistle and guide buses back, what a job
Eddx14xe

22nd Feb 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
quote:

Thats in a depot you tard

So? Are college buses use to reverse as well?

And the bus depot isn't blocked off or anything. It's basically just a big bus stop, you can walk across/behind the buses etc.
Eddx14xe

22nd Feb 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iirc i've also seen them do it at the normal bus stops on the side of the road. Maybe they just don't give a fuck and do whatever they want.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bus related question 23 database queries in 0.0124841 seconds