corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Condensation in headlight lenses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Condensation in headlight lenses
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 12 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK I have a Ford Cougar (yes I know this a Corsa site but people actually answer questions on this forum ), sometimes I get condensation on both of my headlight lenses.

I'm guessing something needs resealing to stop it happening, what is the best way of sorting this out - apart from spending a month's wages at Ford buying brand new ones?

Also, is this an MOT failure?
harvey_1066

23rd Feb 12 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think its an MOT failure, but what you COULD do i guess is take the headlights out get a tube of silicone and go all around the edges of the headlight glass where it seals and then possibly around where the indicators go in and side light bulbs etc but that might make it a bit orquad to get them out next time with silicone all around them lol
am4nf

23rd Feb 12 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure ive seen that someone dropped one of those silica gel things in and that solved it?
syedorf

23rd Feb 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the lights out and see if you can split them and just buy a new seal you could on mondeos
Phoenix Autosport

24th Feb 12 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a lot of the time there is nothing wrong with the light its just a build up of moisture that cant get out, when you turn on the lights at night they warm up, the air expands forcing air out of the light around the bulb, when you turn them off they cool down the air contracts drawing in damp night air which condenses on the glass, try poping the bulbs out and wrap some silica gel crystals in a hankerchief (ask your grandad about those) dry then in a fan oven for half hour on a low heat and stuff them in the bulb hole of the lights and tape over the hole, leave them overnight to dry out the lights then pull them out and refit the bulbs

New Poll