corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Supporting a Football Team

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Supporting a Football Team
James

User status: Offline
29th Feb 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are peoples thoughts on not supporting a football team

When I was younger, I followed my local team (Woking), used to go to most home games, some away games and a couple of FA Trophy finals at Wembley. Since my dad moved away, that has stopped completely.

My premiership team has always been Chelsea. But lately I don't really GAF who wins what, I just enjoy watching good football. I'm particularly enjoying this season as some of the big clubs are struggling and it makes it a bit more interesting.

Am I going to get slated for this?
Hammer

29th Feb 12 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only poofs and faggots do not follow football.

That is a fact. Ask Russ.
James

29th Feb 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I do follow football.

I'm just saying that I'm going to follow it without really caring who wins the league, the FA Cup etc.
Cavey

29th Feb 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Only poofs and faggots do not follow football.

That is a fact. Ask Russ.

This.

If you like football but no team.... You're bi?
strick206

29th Feb 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with that IMO
James

29th Feb 12 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess I will always naturally sway towards Chelsea winning stuff as they are technically my local premier league team and I've always followed them and been to Stamford Bridge quite a lot, but I don't really care if they lose TBH

[Edited on 29-02-2012 by James]
James

29th Feb 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus I hate the way Roman Abramovich runs things at Chelsea. And I begrudge paying £50 to go and see them play.
Russ

29th Feb 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As hammer said. Hetrosexual identifier.
Russ

29th Feb 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, the shitter they are the more of a fan you are. Woking would get you massive respect. Chelsea would make you a corsadee
mwg

29th Feb 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

England fan IMO.
JonnyJ

29th Feb 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll only ever get that affinity to a side if you go watch them, spending your hard earned and getting involved with the side as much as you can, maybe even make a few friends, I've met loads following York, some I'd happily call my best friends. Personally I think its much easier to breed that feeling at a young age. Woking will be promoted this season so now is as good a time as any. They'll never play in the league but they should hang around the Bsp and you'll get to see them play massive league sides like York and Luton next season.

Until you get that affinity though you'll mot get the best out of any football match, it has to mean something. It's why going as a neutral to a game tends to be boring.
Hammer

29th Feb 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I guess I will always naturally sway towards Chelsea winning stuff as they are technically my local premier league team and I've always followed them and been to Stamford Bridge quite a lot, but I don't really care if they lose TBH

Not a supporter then imo. Maybe a sympathiser.
Hammer

29th Feb 12 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
England fan IMO.

Also this

And agreed with Jonny as well, said on here before I would have liked to have been brought up following a lower league side just to feel the affinity with a club rather than thinking your opinion/voice is lost in the crowd. Must be the best feeling on earth beating a Premiership side in a cup, for example.
JonnyJ

29th Feb 12 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
England fan IMO.

Also this

And agreed with Jonny as well, said on here before I would have liked to have been brought up following a lower league side just to feel the affinity with a club rather than thinking your opinion/voice is lost in the crowd. Must be the best feeling on earth beating a Premiership side in a cup, for example.

It's why we go mate. I know we'll never win the FA cup/league cup/play in the premier league or anything like that. Beating utd 3-0 at OT, beating Everton, beating man city in the league are all highlights for us, the main aim is to get back in the league though. I'll celebrate that like a top team would winning the CL, in the last minute, having been 7-0 down with 10 minutes to go. In fact, I say that, I honestly can't imagine what I'd do. I'm in my 17th season and I've still never seen a promotion

[Edited on 01-03-2012 by JonnyJ]
Conway563

29th Feb 12 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
As hammer said. Hetrosexual identifier.

Gay Dave likes football but doesn't follow a team, nothing else to be said
Tom

1st Mar 12 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James

Sound like most other Chelsea fans tbh

Why don't you become a referee James?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Supporting a Football Team 23 database queries in 0.0142949 seconds