corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Unoriginal cruise control - any experience?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Unoriginal cruise control - any experience?
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Mar 12 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I'll be having a bit of a commute for a couple of months, I'm looking at having cruise control fitted to the Corsa.
It's a '01 1.4 16v and I've been told from the garage, that it's not prepared for an OEM cruise control.

The model the garage is suggesting in stead is the same as in one of our work vans, an Opel Vivaro, and that actually works surprisingly well.

Undecided really, as I initially said I would never go for something non OEM...

So what are peoples opinions and experience?

tom130691
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak to vauxhall get their opinion
3CorsaMeal

6th Mar 12 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted this one to my car, its called Valery Gurruwiwi

*edit* just noticed you said Unoriginal, mine was Aboriginal

Brett
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balling
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

Fucking !

redtom

6th Mar 12 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nathy_87

6th Mar 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my mates retro-fitted a cruise control to his Polo GTI, said he hasn't had any problmes and works as it should. Can put you in touch with him if you want Balling?
brebaz

6th Mar 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

Fucking !

LeeM

6th Mar 12 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa c? cant you fit the sri stalk and turn it on with tech 2?
Balling
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM

That's what I would have thought, but according to the garage (Opel garage, btw) only the diesels came fully prepared for cc and it wont be possible to this on mine.

The later models all came with everything fitted from the factory, except the stalk.

Balling
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
One of my mates retro-fitted a cruise control to his Polo GTI, said he hasn't had any problmes and works as it should. Can put you in touch with him if you want Balling?

Could you find out what brand it is?

Fucking annoyed at the thought of having a third stalk though, but I'm hoping for something a bit subtle and hopefully OEM looking.

LeeM

6th Mar 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

That's what I would have thought, but according to the garage (Opel garage, btw) only the diesels came fully prepared for cc and it wont be possible to this on mine.

The later models all came with everything fitted from the factory, except the stalk.

do a bit more research. go on corsa-c.co.uk or see who says what on here. u2u warren im sure he'll know for sure.
Balling
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
do a bit more research. go on corsa-c.co.uk or see who says what on here. u2u warren im sure he'll know for sure.

I found a few guides that explain what cables to add etc, but tbh that's a bit out of my league.

Also, I'm not entirely sure I can trust that there are absolutely no differences between the Vaux and the Opel models.

Not being the big DIY guy, when it comes to cars, I think I'm going to trust my garage in that it can't be done.
Showing up with a guide from some British car forum is gonna make me look like a bit of a tool!

John

6th Mar 12 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC it was only the diesels that had it, even the poverty spec 1.3cdti's have everything except the stalk and a single cable, petrols didn't at all.
nathy_87

6th Mar 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87

Could you find out what brand it is?

Fucking annoyed at the thought of having a third stalk though, but I'm hoping for something a bit subtle and hopefully OEM looking.

Yes I 'll send him a message this evening, also it looks like it's his indicator stalk aswell. So still has only 2 stalks.
Balling
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
IIRC it was only the diesels that had it, even the poverty spec 1.3cdti's have everything except the stalk and a single cable, petrols didn't at all.

Exactly what I was told.

Cheers Nath!

John

6th Mar 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Polo will just be retro fitted factory VW stuff.
SXI - Matt

7th Mar 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it really worth it for the money? Cant see it being that cheap
oceansoul

7th Mar 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only the newer cars with Drive by wire throttle, will be fully prepared for cruise. Thats the only you can just connect the stalk and reconfigure using Tech2 to enable it.

The older, cable throttle, need everything adding; Control module, throttle body actuator etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Unoriginal cruise control - any experience? 23 database queries in 0.0121920 seconds