corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2002 Gilera Runner 172 Conversion - Arden Blue - Gloss Black - Gunmetal Grey

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2002 Gilera Runner 172 Conversion - Arden Blue - Gloss Black - Gunmetal Grey
bally2010
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   15th Mar 12 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well got rid of my old runner and got this 125 , that needed new engine cases, airbox,carb,brakes and panels.

its a 2002 gilera runner 125 2 stroke so one of the last ones made.

Its the same style engine as the aprilia sr 125 but liquid cooled.

Spec list :
Rolling Nut cases
Pm tuning Full circle racing crank
malossi 172 kit
180 standard exhaust
Vx forks
Vx seat
Vx grabrail
Vx style Smoked indicator and brake lense set
Vx horn cover
180 Variator
Malossi Clutch springs
Pm tuning Racing rollers

got this bike in january, when and swapped it for my old one , got there and it was dark so didnt really bother checking it over, Just wanted to get home.
But upon getting it home and having a propper check over a friend noticed that where the brake caliper bolts on That one had snapped, so he had a full bike he was breaking for spares , so i bought new cases,airbox,carb,brakes and panels off him at a good cheap price.
Also this included him rebuilding the engine for me.

went out on it and it ran fine until i took it down a duel carrigeway, got back to his house and wouldnt start, so tried new carb still wouldnt run, so he checked the reeds and one of the petals had snapped off so new reeds and its ran perfect since.

Only things i have been doing is painting bits up and generally tidying it up at moment.

i have also painted the forks gunmetal grey aswell as other bits

i no its a car forum but cba putting car up this is better imho.

Few pics of it
Mine is one with red wheels

[Edited on 19-03-2012 by bally2010]
bally2010
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the people who said these scooters only do 73mph. i just done 95mph clock speed so around 90mph real speed will post a video tomorrow on my mates private bypass
and will use a sat nav
bally2010
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just put a painted arden blue wheel on will be doing the front tomorrow

kyleclub11

19th Mar 12 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get ya new corsa on mate
corsajay88

20th Mar 12 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youve posted this before haven't you? Is that an L plate? Anyway yeah put your corsa on.
Todi-Corsa

20th Mar 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good like the Gilera Runners, now wrong with a scooter just got myself a Piaggio Zip as a reliable runaround while I do my corsa absolute peanuts to insure I'm supprised more people don't have scooters
bally2010
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
Youve posted this before haven't you? Is that an L plate? Anyway yeah put your corsa on.

no that was my other one
bally2010
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Todi-Corsa
looks good like the Gilera Runners, now wrong with a scooter just got myself a Piaggio Zip as a reliable runaround while I do my corsa absolute peanuts to insure I'm supprised more people don't have scooters

they are reliable if there piaggio/gilera based.

mine just snaps its exhaust a lot
Todi-Corsa

20th Mar 12 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bally2010
quote:
Originally posted by Todi-Corsa

they are reliable if there piaggio/gilera based.

mine just snaps its exhaust a lot

haha mines just noisy and not very quick keep your eye out for it I go thru mid quite often
bally2010
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will do you would be more likely to see me though as there is normally a few of us out, mines noise any quick so win tbh

[Edited on 20-03-2012 by bally2010]
Todi-Corsa

20th Mar 12 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bally2010
i will do you would be more likely to see me though as there is normally a few of us out, mines noise any quick so win tbh

[Edited on 20-03-2012 by bally2010]

haha will do mines silver and got a scottish flag on it give us a beep if ya see it or more likely overtake it
bally2010
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do
Mr-SEH

20th Mar 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got to love the 172 had a gilera runner 172 typhoon and a zip aswell as a nrg which i all built up from 50 and 125 love the faces u see when you next to them at 80 and pin and and your off always puts a smile on my face good luck
reecegsi

20th Mar 12 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love runners sold my 172 when i got my corsa was a quick bike aswell main bits it had srt crank cases ported polished head cr125 carb malossi clutch pm tuning bell pm tuning variator and pm 360 exhaust evo body kit carbon light and lenses tail tidy monster filter lol went well just they eat speedo cables snall fortune goes into em sold mine to a bloke in manchester for 1200
bally2010
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by reecegsi
Love runners sold my 172 when i got my corsa was a quick bike aswell main bits it had srt crank cases ported polished head cr125 carb malossi clutch pm tuning bell pm tuning variator and pm 360 exhaust evo body kit carbon light and lenses tail tidy monster filter lol went well just they eat speedo cables snall fortune goes into em sold mine to a bloke in manchester for 1200

sounds good

i need speedo cable
bally2010
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painted my front wheel and also painted the inner of my disc anthracite,

pic of it fitted will get some propper ones in day light when its all bolted up tight.

Todi-Corsa

20th Mar 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice colour!
Gareth T

20th Mar 12 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good
bally2010
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks
bally2010
Premium Member

21st Mar 12 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels need laquering yet

Arden Blue ftw

Ojc

21st Mar 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to do this to my SR125 for the summer, if it would do 90mph be a lot happier about going further afield.
bally2010
Premium Member

21st Mar 12 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put a kit on it .

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2002 Gilera Runner 172 Conversion - Arden Blue - Gloss Black - Gunmetal Grey 23 database queries in 0.0154281 seconds