corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Internet help

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Internet help
Liam-Wilko

User status: Offline
16th Mar 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i finaly got my internet back in and all was going well when connecting the laptop ext when i come to play game's online on my PS3 i tend to lose conection and it pisses me off im wondering if anyone knows how i might be able to improve my speed
Gaz

16th Mar 12 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is it connected to your router? Wired or wireless.
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wireless mate
Gaz

16th Mar 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally would only ever wire a console to my router however if this is not possible then you need to check that the wireless signal isnt going from one side of the house to another, going through to many walls and I'd also suggest making sure that nothing else is connected to the net whilst gaming (depending on your Internet's connection speed)
Brett
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine's wireless and fine, however it's not far from the router. Go on your PS3 and check the wifi signal strength, if you're only gettin 1 or 2 bars then that'll be your issue most likely.
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the router is on the shelf above the PS3 i could put a ethernet cable to it was just easier to do it wireless.

iv just been told as well that it could take 10-15 days for my router to get up to full speed is this true or just a load of balls
Brett
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that is true, but the PS3 shouldn't necessarily drop the connection from the router, unless the router is rebooting for one reason or another. i.e. if your speed was slow at the moment it still shouldn't disconnect, it'd just be laggy.

[Edited on 16-03-2012 by Brett]
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lagges a bit it was okay for a little while im just not minded for things like this lol.

so will my speed hopefully pick up in the next 2 weeks or so to its full potentioal as the internet has only been in for 2 days
Brett
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bob on your PC/laptop and go to http://www.speedtest.net do a test and post the results, lets see how you're doing currently.
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im currently not home at the min just at work i will do that as soon as i get in

im just hopeing it gets better im not that far from the exchange ether
Sunz

16th Mar 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As others have said, just get a ethernet cable for it.

RJ45 ethernet cable.

If it's only with the ps3 then it will be the wireless, not sure about the more recent models but the older ones had really cheap and crappy wireless receivers.
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
As others have said, just get a ethernet cable for it.

RJ45 ethernet cable.

If it's only with the ps3 then it will be the wireless, not sure about the more recent models but the older ones had really cheap and crappy wireless receivers.

this could be my problem my ps3 is the old 60gig i am investing in another ps3 soon but by the sound of it i am better off using a ethernet cable
Brett
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The real question is, is it the PS3 dropping from the router or the router dropping from the internet.
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i get kicked from playstation network the lights on the router go off then flash red and once it goes green i can get back on
Brett
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, assuming the red light is the DSL one it sounds like the net is dropping from the router.

Question, have you put microfilters on everything connected to a phone socket in the house?
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

microfilters not sure what you mean mate sorry
Brett
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like that's your problem then

Included with your router you will've got a couple of little white boxes with phone jacks on the end. Every piece of equipment (sky, phones, etc) that's connected to a phone line needs one of those little white boxes inbetween the applicance and the phone line otherwise you'll get issues like you're having.
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we got 4 of them 1 spear and 3 are connected due to having sky upstars i really should have listend in IT as school or summit haha
ENB

16th Mar 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I know, they wouldn't teach you any of that in IT at school.
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ENB
As far as I know, they wouldn't teach you any of that in IT at school.

i know mate was taking the piss
Brett
Premium Member

16th Mar 12 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam-corsa-1400
we got 4 of them 1 spear and 3 are connected due to having sky upstars i really should have listend in IT as school or summit haha
Have you sorted the foilhat out tho?
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Have you sorted the foilhat out tho?

a few lads have tole me that is could be the fact on something to do with the 10-15 day thing this is proving to be a pain all i wanna do is play on line on a few games without getting kicked
andy_mk3

16th Mar 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually in the first week of being connected you will be on something called DLM (Dynamic Line Management). Basically what this does is monitors your connection, and alters it if it finds that it's unstable. Just give it a few more days, leave the router on 24/7 and you should have a stable connection fairly soon.
Liam-Wilko

16th Mar 12 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate what do i do if it dosnt should i get in contact with sky my provider
Gaz

16th Mar 12 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
when i get kicked from playstation network the lights on the router go off then flash red and once it goes green i can get back on

I had this with my router (provided by o2) and it turned out to be a faulty router... your internet provider will be able to run tests across a 24 hour period monitoring your connection to see how many times it drops. Mine drop in excess of 300 times whilst I was in work on the day they tested. They made adjustments to our line but as I said before, It turned out I needed a new router.

but wait until your 15 day period is over.

[Edited on 16-03-2012 by Gaz]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll