corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa hub to carrier bolt help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa hub to carrier bolt help
corsajay88

User status: Offline
19th Mar 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the hub to carrier bolts has rounded while trying to remove it. Any suggestions? I have new ones on order from vauxhall but obviously i need to get this off
shaned12345

19th Mar 12 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 10mm allen key one?
not fun, i've done it myself and ended up angle grinding the head of the bolt off and getting a new carrier.
corsajay88

19th Mar 12 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not good news, last time a slide bolt snapped and had to be drilled but being hardened steel was quite difficult.

Now i know why they recomend using new bolt as all the ones on the front are knackered, just turning into dust.
corsajay88

20th Mar 12 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to try a bolt extractor on them this morning, only concern is with threadlock on it might not turn it and its quite awkward to drill. think i might take the hub off and go from there. no rush still waiting on vauxhall for the new bolts anyway
INEEDALET

20th Mar 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the hub of and hit a torx bit into it, worked for me all though was a pain to get the torq bit out the bolt lol
corsajay88

20th Mar 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt think of that, will give it a quick try if not, im going to cut the heads off the bolts tomorow. Ive got spare carriers.

New Poll