corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » E-wageslips

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E-wageslips
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 12 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, what's the crack with these?

My employer wants to start emailing wage slips instead of printing them.

All info I can find is about accessing payslips on-line through a secure connection, and not much about email.

any one in the know?
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the problem tho? You get them emailed so you can choose to print them or not?
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a problem as such, just want to know legal aspects of it.
strick206

22nd Mar 12 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Legally fine,

I have received them electronically for the last 18 months. Much better IMO
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ I know in general E-wages slips are recognized by law. But they have to be accessed through a secure connection from what I can gather. Surely e-mail is not?
Whittie

22nd Mar 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you trying to get at though?
John

22nd Mar 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They probably email you a link to it.
Nic Barnes

22nd Mar 12 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Email one would ruin the fun I have once a month opening the pre folded pay slip, tearing the edges off to reveal a completely dissapointing almost charity like figure that puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
What are you trying to get at though?

This is what I'm trying to understand? What's the beef really? Are you going to complain because you're not getting a bit of paper anymore? I'd rather them by email, easier to file and keep.
Ben G

22nd Mar 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather get mine by emaill too. I get paid weekly and have hundreds laying around the house, drives me insane.

Love the feeling of getting an actual wage slip though.
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Set up filter to wages folder, easily accesable if needed again. Im useless at keeping paperwork so I think its a great idea.

As for a secure connection etc, its your wageslip, even if someone did see it, big woop!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will get an email asking you to change your password etc then each month your get a link which takes you to you pay slip once you have logged in. all over https
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well first of all I will not have an excuse to get out of my office each Saturday to go pick up wage slips.

If it will be done over https connection then ok, but not keen getting wage slip sent direct to my email
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only issue you may have is when applying for a loan/credit/mortgage where they want to see your Wage slips. They didn't think mine looked real but there was no biggy as they just sent a form to HR to sign instead
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Only issue you may have is when applying for a loan/credit/mortgage where they want to see your Wage slips. They didn't think mine looked real but there was no biggy as they just sent a form to HR to sign instead

Christ, who was that with? All because it was on a different grade of paper I guess? Seems silly.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
Well first of all I will not have an excuse to get out of my office each Saturday to go pick up wage slips.

If it will be done over https connection then ok, but not keen getting wage slip sent direct to my email

your not your getting a LINK to go to a page you then login with a password YOU set
Liam

22nd Mar 12 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish I got mine via e-mail! Does my head in getting one every week, got them all over the place.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:

Christ, who was that with? All because it was on a different grade of paper I guess? Seems silly.

Britannia. They said as it wasn't the traditional type [the ones which you have to tear open and have the squiggly bit (don't know the technical term) that means you can't see what's printed on the inside] that I could have made it up in excel
John

22nd Mar 12 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you not doing some sort of computing degree daymoon?

Surely can't be difficult for you to put 2+2 together to work it out.
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to admit, paperless banking/bills has stung me in the past when it comes to certain things - makes applying for bank accounts/cards/loans/finance/whatever a bit of a pain in the arse - some companies need to catch up with the times and realise that paperless is the way forward.

Massively more convenient to keep your things in order, and must be cheaper surely.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the DVLA last week they let me show my insurance certificate on the screen on my phone, was well impressed
Baskey

22nd Mar 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:

Britannia. They said as it wasn't the traditional type [the ones which you have to tear open and have the squiggly bit (don't know the technical term) that means you can't see what's printed on the inside] that I could have made it up in excel

Dosnt supprise me, I used to be a data analyst for Britannia and their systems and processes were stuck in the dark ages

[Edited on 22-03-2012 by Baskey]
Fro

22nd Mar 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ours have been intranet based for the last 4/5 years, have to log in using employee number and password.

Love having it that way, everysingle one is stored there and can be viewed/printed at will.

All of our expenses/hotel booking/hire cars/annual leave requests are done this way too.
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by daymoon

your not your getting a LINK to go to a page you then login with a password YOU set

calm down calm down. The thing is it WILL be sent direct to my email.
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Are you not doing some sort of computing degree daymoon?

Surely can't be difficult for you to put 2+2 together to work it out.

With my employer answer to 2+2 will different depending on day of the week

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » E-wageslips 23 database queries in 0.0178940 seconds