corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What is the most fuel effcient car out there today?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What is the most fuel effcient car out there today?
Mark.W

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got me wondering what with the fuel prices keep riseing what is the cheapest car out there at the moment to run?
Ben G

23rd Mar 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how you drive
gidged500
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Legs
nathy_87

23rd Mar 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking along the lines of that Fiat Panda TwinAir.
Sunz

23rd Mar 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it might be the Kia Rio 1.1 - 88.3mpg
tony2187

23rd Mar 12 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.roadtaxprices.co.uk/Best_MPG_Cars.htm

I think the twinair is mainly to keep the CO2 down and keep it tax free.

Edit - The Rio is the best for MPG 1.1 DIESEL, i bet walking will be faster though

[Edited on 23-03-2012 by tony2187]
adiohead

23rd Mar 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old Honda CG125 did 115mpg, but could only just reach 60mph (down hill)
pow
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might be looking at a Kia Rio as a company car if one of the jobs I'm after comes off
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I might be looking at a Kia Rio as a company car if one of the jobs I'm after comes off

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
richc

23rd Mar 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by pow

If i were in the posistion of a company car, i would happily pay more to drive something not so shit as that.
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
I think it might be the Kia Rio 1.1 - 88.3mpg

until you actually press the accelerator!

The Top Gear test of Prius vs M3 was quite telling, on a lap of the track at 60mph average, the Prius used more fuel than the M3.

Its down to how you drive, where you drive and conditions. Real world experiences can't be copied on a test bed.

My car should do 50mpg according to the book but without my ECU piggyback, I never saw above 42mpg
pow
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

If i were in the posistion of a company car, i would happily pay more to drive something not so shit as that.

The new Kia Rio isn't a bad looking car, it's fully loaded and it's cheap as chips... why wouldn't you?!?
chrisritch

23rd Mar 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

The new Kia Rio isn't a bad looking car, it's fully loaded and it's cheap as chips... why wouldn't you?!?

1.1 diesel.

It would hardly move.
Sunz

23rd Mar 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you only need to go around town and 30mph roads then the kia will be spot on.

They also do a 1.4 Diesel which will do around 68mpg.

They are well equiped, interior is decent with a lot of space for passangers and storage, 7 year warrenty.
Fro

23rd Mar 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About 15.5 to 60 apparently.
andy_mk3

23rd Mar 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had about 78mpg on a long run in a Fiesta 1.4 diesel, that was proper taking it easy tho! It's a good compromise of economy and power as it was fairly nippy, and not the worst car in the world.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Mar 12 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ford puma
johnhara1

23rd Mar 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
I've had about 78mpg on a long run in a Fiesta 1.4 diesel, that was proper taking it easy tho! It's a good compromise of economy and power as it was fairly nippy, and not the worst car in the world.

When i was living in OZ last year, this was advertised as the most fuel efficent car in Australia.

Rob E

23rd Mar 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

1.1 diesel.

It would hardly move.

Considering it puts out 125 fl/lb of torque I think you would find quite the opposite.Thats brilliant considering my 1.8 mazda engine puts out around 100 ft/lb in naturally aspirated form....Book/cover and all that

Edit: Just to put it in perspective, your D Turbo 306 puts out about 145 ft/lb according to factory figures so not a huge difference in performance over what your car is cabale of

[Edited on 23-03-2012 by Rob E]

All Torque

23rd Mar 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
About 15.5 to 60 apparently.

Every journey will feel like it takes a fortnight!
richc

23rd Mar 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

1.1 diesel.

It would hardly move.

Considering it puts out 125 fl/lb of torque I think you would find quite the opposite.Thats brilliant considering my 1.8 mazda engine puts out around 100 ft/lb in naturally aspirated form....Book/cover and all that

Edit: Just to put it in perspective, your D Turbo 306 puts out about 145 ft/lb according to factory figures so not a huge difference in performance over what your car is cabale of

Yer i forgot we only talk and tourque with diesel engined cars as that is all the important. Never mind bhp, weight, gear ratios etc
Hammer

23rd Mar 12 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A Transit van probably takes that and it doesn't feel slow when you drive it. Everything is relative.
Jimbothebarbarian

23rd Mar 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wifes last car was a 1.5 derv qashqai and it was hammered everywhere and averaged 54mpg over the three and a half years we had it.

I always found it's mpg quite shockingly good TBH.
LeeM

23rd Mar 12 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Torque figures for diesel cars are why reps in 1.9d Astras think they can beat vxr's and people think a remapped 335d is faster than an m3
Rob E

23rd Mar 12 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

1.1 diesel.

It would hardly move.

Yer i forgot we only talk and tourque with diesel engined cars as that is all the important. Never mind bhp, weight, gear ratios etc

The weight is identical at both your car and the Kia weighing in at 1155kg, your car has 90bhp where the Kia has 74bhp which equates to your car accelerating 1.3 seconds quicker 0-60....Not really a case of "it would hardly move" really is it?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What is the most fuel effcient car out there today? 23 database queries in 0.0114810 seconds