corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Focus 2.0 Zetec - No Fuel Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Focus 2.0 Zetec - No Fuel Problem
johnhara1

User status: Offline
27th Mar 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a focus 2.0 16v zetec, took it to Edinburgh from Newcastle on Saturday without issue. Got home, dropped the mrs' kids off and the car would not start, and hasn't started since.........Thankfully it didn't die in Edinburgh.

I have spark and i have fuel at the rail but the spark plugs are not getting wet when cranking.

The engine turns over but it's not trying to start.

Plugged it in and there are no fault codes.

The fuel cut off switch in the drivers footwell has not fired.

Anyone want to point me in the direction of the fuel pump relays/fuses on this please or throw some more ideas my way?

Fuel Pump is a tank out jobbie which i'm not looking forward to and i guess the other is timing belt has went?
johnhara1

27th Mar 12 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fixed.

Fuse 12 had blown in the engine bay. I assume the pump is on its way out.
baza31

27th Mar 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pump swopped a few . Pain in the arse to do , easiest way drop bolt out and hold tank up with your hand, let it down onto the two arms .undo plug , make sure you take off flow and return off before unscrewing cap . Squeeze in clips to release . Undo ring and to get pump out it's clipped into tank , turn anti clockwise and lift out , check how many connections on pump sone are 4 wire some 5. Get another and watch you don't knock the fuel sender unit as they are VERY flimsy . I think sender went to back of car . Push pump Into tank hard and clip it in. When you put pipes back on make sure they don't kink otherwise it will starve it of fuel and cut out 2 min down road. As it did with me about 5 times till I figured it out .
pow
Premium Member

28th Mar 12 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unrelated but they make an awesome noise out the box
johnhara1

28th Mar 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Baza31.

I will get one and just carry a few 15a fuses in the car and not stray far from home until i can arsed to do the pump.

or sell the car.......... joke, i wouldn't do that,
Alex_Rally

28th Mar 12 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahah yer ya would lol hahah

New Poll