corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » fuel tankers strike

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fuel tankers strike
scunnylad

User status: Offline
   30th Mar 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is anyone else struggling to get any fuel. I waited over half hour to get fuel last nite. Someone even filled two 25L jerry cans and there van just encase

Tesco was out of petrol, adds out of diesel and esso out of everything. Why are people panic buying when they haven't even gone on strike. They are making shortages and putting the price up. Its nearly gone up 7p a litre over night at some places.
Nath

30th Mar 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I filled up Wednesday as I would do anyway. But seemingly yesterday there were problems. One of the Shell garages was empty and there were massive queues at Morrisons, ASDA, and BP.
andy_mk3

30th Mar 12 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost everywhere here is empty, it's mad! Luckily I have the use of 2 cars with 3/4 tank of fuel at the moment

If the gov't learnt to stfu, no-one would panic buy, and there wouldn't be an issue. Even when the strikes do occur, it would probably only affect a few people, and not to this extreme.
daymoon
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have 3 petrol station in town - apparently two were bone dry in the morning. Third one was working fine - just upped their prices by 2p. Idiots blocked whole street though and I couldn't get into the MOT station (same entrance as petrol station).

I have to admit, I have brimmed my tank yesterday although I had half a tank left.
There was only BP Ultimate diesel left. I reckon I will keep using the stuff as I get higher MPG to compensate for the price difference.
oceansoul

30th Mar 12 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are stupid.
Eddx14xe

30th Mar 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went out with mates last night and they generally needed fuel. We drove round for ages trying to find somewhere that wasn't empty. We then had to queue up for about 20mins to get some.
nathy_87

30th Mar 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to buy petrol this morning was reading 5 miles left. People buying normal Unleaded & Diesel had a 5ltr limit. I have the Super Unleded anyways which meant I get as much as I want.

[Edited on 30-03-2012 by nathy_87]
sc0ott

30th Mar 12 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got 60 miles of diesel on my trip computer left. That will drop to about 10 by the time i get home.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to Morrisons last night, there was at least 50 cars sat queuing out onto the main road

Naturally I wasn't waiting for all them so I went passed Tesco, 4 pumps closed and the other 4 had big queues. Continued on to the local BP which had 3 cars on the forecourt but unfortunately was out of diesel

Next up I went to Esso which had 2 cars on the forecourt and a full helping of fuel options.

When I was making my way back home a couple of hours later, all the pumps where closed at Tesco but there was a tanker on the forecourt ready to restock it. Spotted an Asda tanker heading there to restock, all because some drivers MIGHT end up having a strike in at least 7 days time, probably longer

What I saw last night just proves what a mess idiots can make of things for people that it actually matters too. When petrol stations are running out despite fuel still being readily available because bell ends are over buying for what isn't even a genuine reason upto now.
James

30th Mar 12 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea how much petrol I have left. I drive about 2 miles a week though so should be ok
Fonz
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loads of people i have spoke to reckon it was a ploy by the Government to get us to panic buy at the end of the financial year increasing the funds raised.

conincidence or is there any truth in it i dont know

it is an interesting theory which does hold some logic...
Hammer

30th Mar 12 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to pay £1.48 because everywhere in my town was dry due to folk filling jerry cans. Fucking cunts.
Nath

Halfords report sales of Jerry Cans are up by 500%
Nismo

James

30th Mar 12 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have just confirmed there will be no strike.

Lolz.
Dave

30th Mar 12 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
loads of people i have spoke to reckon it was a ploy by the Government to get us to panic buy at the end of the financial year increasing the funds raised.

conincidence or is there any truth in it i dont know

it is an interesting theory which does hold some logic...

It holds about as much logic as the faked moon landings.

The figures quote around £30m in extra revenue, absolutely fuck all in the grand scheme of things and certainly not worth all the bad publicity.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

Now that's the definition of panic buying, going out in your diesel pick up and filling a load of jerry cans with unleaded
whitter45

30th Mar 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its stupid

Was at BP this morning and big notices saying £10 fill only

They isolated my pump at £56 so only have 3/4 of a tank

need it for work purposes so not panic buying
Dave

30th Mar 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-17560534

The fact she made it into her 40's and managed to reproduce at some point astounds me.
adiohead

30th Mar 12 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the garages near me are closed.

I managed to use over a quarter tank this morning overtaking/undertaking all the weirdos.

Fucking pricks. Luckily I've got a full tank of diesel in my van for the weekend until the stations are refilled.
Nic Barnes

30th Mar 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Local ones here have no 99 left so no mapping tonight, no drag racing on the weekend for me. Great. Ruined my plans for the next 3 days.
RichR
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got 350miles left in the tank, I'll fill up when it shows 0 like I normally do.
Sam
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our cars are OK for petrol here

I drove down to Worcester yesterday and all the petrol stations I drove past had long queues.

Imbeciles.
Sunz

30th Mar 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How selfish can you get, filling up for your own needs and not worrying about anyone else who might really need the fuel in am emergency, kind of funny in some way and reflects the stupidness of the British public and yet, if this is how people react because of a POSSIBLE stike then I would hate to think what would happen if there was a war on.

Was some woman who tired to transfer the fuel from jerry cans in her kitchen, some how they caught on fire and shes in hospital with 4th degree burns. (Had to be a woman)

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a Government plan, they already rape us on fuel tax so getting us to buy it in panic mode would have boosted funds quite a bit.

I hope all the fuel runs out and everyone suicides.
Sam
Premium Member

30th Mar 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine on FB suggested this is all a ploy by the government to rake in extra tax (from fuel duties) before next month

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » fuel tankers strike 22 database queries in 0.0533371 seconds