corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Company buyouts...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Company buyouts...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
5th Apr 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last few days have been interesting to say the least.

The company I work for has been bought out by another company (Sunday times top 100 company) - therefore I now work for someone else, my boss has changed, I'm not sure if my job has changed, a whole section of my company has been dropped including many friends. quite odd.

In theory, I'm in the prime position in the company to move up through the new company, so it should be a positive for me, but it's just so weird - people from other offices moving into ours, new internal structures in place and rules that need to be followed.

Anyone been in a similar situation?
AlunJ

5th Apr 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My company were bought out by the German state railways early last year but tbh there's been little change so far.
James

5th Apr 12 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Merrill Lynch were bought out by Bank of America when I worked for them. Shit loads of redundancies. A lot of the work to completely merge the companies is still going on 4 years later.
Fro

5th Apr 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on the other end, i work with the integrations team to assist companies we take over/assist with transferring their customer data onto our systems.

We're at the point where we are constantly taking over companies, have 4 on the go at the minute.
Fro

5th Apr 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As James said, usually when companies are taken over there are mergers/redundancies.

e.g i work at group finance and we deal with about 100 of the subsidiary accounts, each time we take over a new one it generally comes under our control and the financial departments elsewhere are reduced/dispersed entirely.

edit: not always the case though mind, in some instances we just improve their processes/profitability. Also bought a few in the past as a project to sell on.

[Edited on 05-04-2012 by Fro]
Paul_J

5th Apr 12 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes fro, that's what we've noticed too - finance departments days are numbered I think. Marketing too. HR and Admin no doubt as well.

It's just such a weird vibe... a few days ago I worked with one company and had a fairly steady / predictable work life... now, it's all up in the air.
James

5th Apr 12 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh it will be difficult for a while. But if you stick it out, being part of a larger company will be better for you, more opportunity in my experience.
M2RTY

5th Apr 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep been through it twice before, koch industries bought us from dupont, merged with Kosa and got rid of 1000s
John

5th Apr 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is your dad saying about it?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Company buyouts... 22 database queries in 0.0088382 seconds