corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe rocker breather pipes on uprated inlet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe rocker breather pipes on uprated inlet
propower78

User status: Offline
12th Apr 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all im new to this site as ive just bought a corsa envoy arden blue very nice little car but have a few problems, the lad i purchased the car of put the engine in the shell himself he has put an uprated inlet on, he has also put a catch tank on and used the pipe thats on the right of the rocker cover as the feed to the catch tank (the smaller of the two) followed with a pipercross breather it all looks fine etc but it fills the catch tank up very quick i mean like over a few hours of driving, annd it smokes out the pipercross breather on the catch tank, ive tried to find where this pipe is actually ment to go but i havent a clue as my local engine builders say it shouldnt smoke like it does or fill the catch tank up so quick???? any one no what my problem could be or any helpfull tips please?

also because i have different inlet where should the really small pipe on the rocker cover go as i just have a piece of fuel line conected at the moment but it breathes alot from this tiny pipe aswell ive seen people tpiece it back in but im new to this any help would be appriciated thanks!
propower78

12th Apr 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one please any ideas tipps
propower78

12th Apr 12 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
Jed D

12th Apr 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its meant to go back to the black plastic pipe on the standard inlet (before the throttle body) i think, what he's done is rite to a certain extent... (different ways of doing it i suppose)
mines like that but i didn't bother buying a breather or a proper catch tank for it. i just poked a few pin size holes in the top of a stella can... i only empty mine once every month if that, infact its probs not even that often. something is not rite if you ask me...

have you had the cam cover off and looked underneath it?
have you done all the usual head gasket checks?
is the oil sludgy?
do you do a lot of short journeys?

also the small pipe on the top of the rocker is also done different ways

...cant really see on there but i think iv got mine rite

[Edited on 12-04-2012 by Jed D]
propower78

12th Apr 12 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
its meant to go back to the black plastic pipe on the standard inlet (before the throttle body) i think, what he's done is rite to a certain extent... (different ways of doing it i suppose)
mines like that but i didn't bother buying a breather or a proper catch tank for it. i just poked a few pin size holes in the top of a stella can... i only empty mine once every month if that, infact its probs not even that often. something is not rite if you ask me...

have you had the cam cover off and looked underneath it?
have you done all the usual head gasket checks?
is the oil sludgy?
do you do a lot of short journeys?

hi mate thanks for the reply appreciate it, i only bought the car yesterday, basically a friend of mine had the car as a 1litre bought engine from his friend and fitted it he then left the car standing in his garage for a year without running it, i got it runnin with a bit of fuel but it needed a good service as it was missing etc so changed oil plugs filters etc sprayed some carb and choke up the throttle boddie to clear any congealed substances and it ran fine with no mising, upon removing the oil there was white sludge in certain parts of the oil which im sure ive read some where it can clog the oilo breathing system, any way put some wyns oil cleaner in with the oil as it smoking alot aswell, it stoped the smoke but is still smoking when i change gear and accdelarate for a split second when i say smoking i mean a ball of smoke every time i change gear and accelarate but doesnt stay smoking, its black/white the smoke, carried on driving it on way home yesterday and it paked up on a5 doing about 90 it back fired the a cloud of black smoke came out and it backfired again, i pulled over and tried to restart it was turning engine over but not starting it just kept backfiring from there i towed it to my local engine builders and i turned it over again then all of a sudden it was turning the starter but not engine if you get what i mean, im baffeled to what this could be?
Jed D

13th Apr 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i fitted my inlet i used stp carb cleaner spray on the throttle body and vx inlet box (its great stuff imo)

i wouldn't like to say for sure whats causing this but id hazzard a guess at all the chemicals its seen, does it do it from cold aswell or just when its warmed up a bit?

the creaminess in the oil is normal on a small scale if the cars used for short journeys... mine gets it a bit from time to time... as said in many thread like this, i think its just condensation

try giving Alex W a u2u on here, he seems pretty clued up on these engines

these engines are very prone for the valve stem oil seals going aswell mind

sorry i cant help you anymore with that

New Poll