corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Speaker help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speaker help
LeeM

User status: Offline
21st Apr 12 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting pretty good at this dj malarkey and do parties now so I want some decent speakers, gonna get a couple of These I think
Currently I use a Samsung surround sound with a sub, will I miss the bass from the sub or do speakers like these give plenty? Can anyone work out what cable Id need as well? It has an xlr socket but says output next to it so I'm confused.

Also anyone got any idea what sized venue these would be suitable for? Ive been asked to do a couple of parties in function rooms so that's part of the reason I'm looking at bigger speakers so I can do them in future
RyanCorsa99

21st Apr 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably be fine for a edium sized venue. Active speakers are always a good choice as the amp is matced to the speakers the output socked on it is probably so you can connect another speaker to it to let you piggyback the amp from the speaker.

From the pic, it looks like the top left hole might be for the input. that'd be a speakon connector. similar to this... http://www.stagebeat.co.uk/Stage-Line-MSCN-8100-SW-Speaker-Cables-10M-SPEAKON-JACK-129390-101355

dont hold me to it though because the picture isnt all that clear, bit fuzzy!

LeeM

21st Apr 12 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That cable looks like the one, cheers.
I'm going for active ones to minimise cables and wires as well as being easier to move and set up
LeeM

21st Apr 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bigger pic here http://www.djkit.com/images/products/178748_IN1.jpg

Also channel 2 input is stereo RCA, does that mean if I had just the one for now I could plug in the RCA from my controller to the RCA on the speaker and just have both left and right channels combined into a mono output?
Dom

21st Apr 12 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That doesn't look like a speakon connector (speakon is typical used for amplified outputs eg: passive setup between amp and speaker), rather a Neutrik combo XLR/Jack socket. So you'd need a XLR or Jack cable to what ever is available on your mixer (a lot now have balanced XLR outputs). You also have the unbalanced RCA's at worse case.

The XLR output, this isn't amplified, will be for daisy-chaining the input signal for use with other active tops/bottoms/subs or connecting to another amp for passive tops/bottoms/subs.

As for the missing bass, compared to your Samsung surround system i'll doubt you'll notice

LeeM

22nd Apr 12 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got balanced 1/4" trs. Would those sockets take normal xlr or is it a special type?

Only reason I ask about the sub is I've seen a few comments in mags and on blogs about people discussing whether or to its worth adding a sub to your pa system, and I love bass!
Dom

22nd Apr 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bog-standard XLR. But as said, if your mixer has jack outputs (either balanced or unbalanced) then you can just use a jack cable.

Until you get some decent tops then i wouldn't worry about getting a bin.

New Poll