corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Civic type r opinions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Civic type r opinions
bubble

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 12 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all. I'm contemplating a ctr when I'm back in the uk. Will happily spend 4.5k so hopeful I'll get a good clean car. Anybody had one that can give me some feedback as a daily driver and for occasional spirited driving? Any common issues etc?
CORSA NUT

22nd Apr 12 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great driving position, look good IMO, handle good, reliable

Not great on fuel, needs decent tyres to make the most of them, not THAT quick IMHO don't get all the VTEC hype as i'm used to turbo power.

A MK5 golf GTI would be a better car although slightly more expensive.
bubble

22nd Apr 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

Not great on fuel, needs decent tyres to make the most of them, not THAT quick IMHO don't get all the VTEC hype as i'm used to turbo power.

Tbh I'm not after a 'omg that's quick' type of car. Had an impreza at 330bhp for a few months and tbh I don't miss driving fast. Just something that if I happen to find a nice empty road I can give it toes for a bit. I like how they look, just more interested in them as a car overall.
big eck

22nd Apr 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When testing one watch out for crunching 2nd gear and noisy steering racks. Both are pretty common faults and are expensive to fix. There pretty heavy on petrol and oil as well.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

In what regard would you say the Golf would be better? Maybe build quality is better but Honda's are fantastically put together as well. The Type R is a far far far superior performance hatch in almost every single aspect.
N13L X B

22nd Apr 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let's face it, we don't want to admit it but the type r's are a bloody good car.

Me and my mates are either into Honda or Vauxhall, there's some right banter that goes on lol.
sc0ott

22nd Apr 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to do about 80 miles a day in mine which cost me about £13.

As mentioned, look out for gearbox crunches when cold, knocking steering racks and the standard drop links are crap.
If you get a standard one get an aftermarket induction on there just for the noise in vtec
CORSA NUT

22nd Apr 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

In what regard would you say the Golf would be better? Maybe build quality is better but Honda's are fantastically put together as well. The Type R is a far far far superior performance hatch in almost every single aspect.

I'd say the golf is a better car in more ways for 'Me' maybe then. Better quality inside 100% and the smoother and lower down power delivery. I don't want to wring a cars neck to get moving anywhere as I'm not 18.

Also the far far far is bullshit. On a track there pretty much identical from what I remember when Tiff did a back to back on 5th gear.
SetH

22nd Apr 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Corsa Nut.

Eck is a full on ricer tbh.
adiohead

22nd Apr 12 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mk5 GTI edition 30 and remap

or Leon K1 and remap

EDIT - both not in budget

[Edited on 22-04-2012 by adiohead]
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

I'd say the golf is a better car in more ways for 'Me' maybe then. Better quality inside 100% and the smoother and lower down power delivery. I don't want to wring a cars neck to get moving anywhere as I'm not 18.

Also the far far far is bullshit. On a track there pretty much identical from what I remember when Tiff did a back to back on 5th gear.

Well there you are then. Better for you and old man Seth If you base a car on it's performance on a programme alone then I really don't want to waste my time debating.
scoob
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be thinking about getting rid of my 150cdti for one for a while now.
CORSA NUT

22nd Apr 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

Well there you are then. Better for you and old man Seth If you base a car on it's performance on a programme alone then I really don't want to waste my time debating.

FFS eck I'm basing there performance on the result of one of the best drivers in the country driving both cars back to back on the same track, if that's not a good comparison then what is? Your mates in the pub tearing around estates in them?

Mind you a CTR with a supercharger....that would be a different thing.
CORSA NUT

22nd Apr 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus I've driven both cars, albeit not for long.
big eck

22nd Apr 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i've owned both the CTR and the Golf, fair enough it was the R32 but stiil and the Golf is the better car imo. Much better made and easier to drive (you dont need to razz the tits off it to make it go fast). The CTR is good at handling but the golf even with all the extra weight isn't slow in the twisties either. Standard for standard the CTR looks better personally but thats about it.
bubble

22nd Apr 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bear in mind the budget.
Russ

22nd Apr 12 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

copy Rob B's as thats awesome
SetH

22nd Apr 12 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I admit that I would choose the Golf other the CTR on the basis that I am an old barstad yes

I would have loved a CTR when I was a young un tbh.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

FFS eck I'm basing there performance on the result of one of the best drivers in the country driving both cars back to back on the same track, if that's not a good comparison then what is? Your mates in the pub tearing around estates in them?

Mind you a CTR with a supercharger....that would be a different thing.

What I'm getting at, is they are two entirely different driving experiences that you can't judge on the tv? Saying that the golf will be a better car is as bold as me saying it's not as good a performance car? Both personal opinions. But the Civic is the faster car. Oh and my mates don't tear about estates in them get off your high horse
big eck

22nd Apr 12 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For £4.5k you could buy a mint LCR with a few nice mods.
CORSA NUT

22nd Apr 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew you'd bite at that the shear fact you own a VTEC makes you biased though.

Must admit when the CTR came out a mates brother had a new night hawk black one and it's all I thought about for months

corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you looked at Integra's you could get a really nice one for 4.5k?
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I knew you'd bite at that the shear fact you own a VTEC makes you biased though.

Must admit when the CTR came out a mates brother had a new night hawk black one and it's all I thought about for months

Tbh I won't pretend I'm not biased because I fucking love Vtec But then again I'm a hooligan who likes deafening people. Both cars have similar performance but entirely different characteristics... Just depends what people prefer!
bubble

22nd Apr 12 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Have you looked at Integra's you could get a really nice one for 4.5k?

Yeh group 18 though
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

owned two and love them. cant fault them at all. do everything well out the box and you can give them full ob abuse and not worry about it falling apart.
only common issues are mention above. also look out damage repaired ones as people like to put them ib hedges haha

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Civic type r opinions 23 database queries in 0.0125949 seconds