corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Question about dump valves..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question about dump valves..
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd May 12 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one currently fitted but I'm having issues on half throttle where the boost will just drop off and won't allow me to accelerate progressively.

So I'm planning on removing the dump valve as I've heard they can cause issues, but are they needed on tuned turbo cars? Or will it be fine without one?

I'm kinda new to this whole turbo lark!

Thanks

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
CORSA NUT

2nd May 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a Bailey like my old one they are prone to sticking. Bit of WD40 in the spring/shaft and see if that helps.
CORSA NUT

2nd May 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also sounds doesn't sound like a DV problem to me....
BarnshaW

2nd May 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the spring rating, might also be as above getting stuck.

personally i removed mine and blanked it off, sounds much better and throttle response is night and day now.

or stick a standard recirculation valve on, whichever you do id suggest getting the map checked after as it may alter fuelling.
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

2nd May 12 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And am I right in thinking there is some sort of factory fitted dump valve/recirc valve on the side of the turbo?

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
ed

2nd May 12 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Z20LET's have a recirculating valve fitted already don't they? (So they don't need an atmospheric which I guess is what you've fitted).

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Question about dump valves.. 23 database queries in 0.0092950 seconds