corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Panic Attacks

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Panic Attacks
p

User status: Offline
4th May 12 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone on here have them, or ever had one happen?

Happened to me last night, woke up and got out of bed in literally 0.5 of a second, and it was very odd.... Kinda scary, too, as obviously nothing like that's happened to me before
Bart

4th May 12 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds more like a night terror.
I randomly do alot of stuff in my sleep
Jambo

4th May 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo a night terror. Not heard pof many people having panic attacks asleep. Although my girlfriend has complained of similar things waking up.

Night terrors are horrid
p

4th May 12 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't add, but I had all the symptoms of a panic attack. Woke up, felt sick, felt like I was being strangled, couldn't breath properly, thought I was gonna throw up but as soon as I got my breath back I felt better. I felt a bit numb as well, but this wasn't for long. It was just very, very weird....
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_terror
sc0ott

4th May 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I woke up at 2am the other night/morning thinking it was time to get up for work. Put my shorts and tshirt on before I noticed.

[Edited on 04-05-2012 by sc0ott]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't jumped out of bed before but done something similar. Sometimes i'll wake up in middle of night,early morning and it'll take me about 10 seconds to realise what day it is and if i've got work. Very weird. :/

Or is that 'cos i'm still asleep.

[Edited on 04-05-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
JamesMc

4th May 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wake up sitting up sometimes, on my old bunk bed i used to donk my head on the ceiling Mum says its really weird i talk alot and have my eyes open sometimes apparently meant to be quite freaky to see
Wrighty_1988

4th May 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Freaky for her. Ahe had her hands down your boxers when you first did it.
Matty L

4th May 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, use to get 2 a month, to the point of calling the paramedics

Fucked up, feels like your dieing,not nice

Dont get em anymore thou, thank god
Ben G

4th May 12 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
I woke up at 2am the other night/morning thinking it was time to get up for work. Put my shorts and tshirt on before I noticed.

[Edited on 04-05-2012 by sc0ott]

done that so many times mostly during winter when the mornings are still dark (i get up at 5:30am on early shifts).

even had a shower before realising

every cloud has a silver lining though... more sleep
Ben G

4th May 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the subject of weird sleep habits, has anyone ever woken up in bed but is unable to move?

i'm pretty certain it wasn't a dream as i remember every detail vividly and it still scares the shit out of me.

felt like someone was pinning me down and i was unable to talk or move anything.
p

4th May 12 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So these things can happen due to stress and not sleeping much? Because that's been the situation for the last few days...
Tomnova16
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When ever I get drunk I always wake up with my boxers round one leg or the other side of the room. No matter where I am or who I'm with. About the only night terrors I have

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Paul W
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
on the subject of weird sleep habits, has anyone ever woken up in bed but is unable to move?

i'm pretty certain it wasn't a dream as i remember every detail vividly and it still scares the shit out of me.

felt like someone was pinning me down and i was unable to talk or move anything.

'old hag syndrome'

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
JamesMc

4th May 12 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

Theres a famous picture based on what your talking about...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hag#Hag_in_folklore

[Edited on 04-05-2012 by JamesMc]
Ben G

4th May 12 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you learn something new every day heard of sleep paralysis but as that wiki article says, it's still seen as a paranormal thing to some people.

very strange.
K2 GTi

5th May 12 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sleep paralysis.. Had many experiences wouldn't wish it on anyone. Thinking of it now gives me goosebumps.

I suffered with them bad, and Ibe found out how to stop them .. don't sleep on your back.
corsa_sean

5th May 12 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to get night terrors really badly same with panic attacks not nice at all started getting them again recently no idea how to stop them though
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it twice oddly both times last year in close succession. Woke up unable to breath, and while body felt a bit weird and face like it wasn't attached to me. Then started panicing and got out of bed heart beating like fuck thought I was having a heart attack. After a few mins calmed down, very weird. Worse the first time it happens though
22B

5th May 12 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
Sleep paralysis.. Had many experiences wouldn't wish it on anyone. Thinking of it now gives me goosebumps.

I suffered with them bad, and Ibe found out how to stop them .. don't sleep on your back.

I get them occassionly and it isnt due to sleeping on my back as I always sleep on my chest. I always wake up face down on the bed and cant move and feels like I cant breathe as my face is down on the mattress. It takes all my strength to move my head to the side so I can breathe, I then fall straight back asleep as Im so used to it happening.
jrdn7

5th May 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a couple of these, though they usually involve waking up in class with the rather large vice-principal staring at me.
Rickavo

5th May 12 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
So these things can happen due to stress and not sleeping much? Because that's been the situation for the last few days...

particularly with those that have suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD and generalized anxiety disorder. It is also likely that some personality disorders may occur in individuals with sleep terror disorder
Seany

6th May 12 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get the sleep paralysis quite often, its horribe, I wake up unable to breath or move or shout for help. I'm literally straining to scream or move then it just goes and I can move. I find it happens more when I'm over tired. Also wake up quite a lot not breathing, it drives the Mrs mental and she wakes me up to get me breathing again
Shell
Premium Member

6th May 12 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rickavo
quote:
Originally posted by p

It is also likely that some personality disorders may occur in individuals with sleep terror disorder

since when?! Just give the boy the fear why not!

Edit: never quote Wikipedia

[Edited on 06-05-2012 by Shell]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Panic Attacks 23 database queries in 0.0143890 seconds