corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What power gains can i expect?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What power gains can i expect?
Plymouth_Corsa

User status: Offline
27th Apr 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got myself a 1.4 8v SRi lump that is going to be transplanted into my 1.0 corsa b in the near future...

What I planned to do is while the engine is out to fit an uprated cam and get the head skimmed, ported and polished, and a new cambelt fitted too before its all plumbed in place.

What bhp would a 1.4 8v MPi engine with those mods be running? And what else can be done to them? And before people ask why a 8v not a 16v conversion, ive got the engine for basically nothing, so cant complain!

Cheers.
lisabobo21
Banned

27th Apr 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone asked this earlier (sorry i cant find the thread) but if u dont mind a bit of hassle u can fit twin carbs instead of the injection system.

what a bout a lighter flywheel to make the car rev nicely?
Plymouth_Corsa

27th Apr 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a good plan, basically the engine is yet to be fitted, so I want to get all the bits to make it faster and fit them at the same time, should be easier that way. I know the engine runs fine as it came from a mates astra si.
Plymouth_Corsa

27th Apr 03 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, can anyone confirm the engine used in a corsa SRi 8v (early) is the same as that used in the astra Si 1400. Thanks.
luca2020

27th Apr 03 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cam belt aint a mod

u wont see to much of a power gain, the cam will make it pull through the rev range nicly tho

depending on where u get ur head done, id say around 10bhp extra
Plymouth_Corsa

28th Apr 03 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know the cambelt isnt a mod, but just saying that i'll change it to be safe. :-D
An extra 10bhp will be nice, should give it about 90bhp that way...with good torque power being a 8valver...
Joel

9th May 03 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got piper induction kit an cat bak magnex fitted, jus ponderin over whether to get a de cat pipe or not?? also any 1 no if there are decent power gains to be had from fitting a full kent cam kit???
and-m

10th May 03 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youll need the full exhaust system as the SRi has a larger bore.

New Poll