corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BUMP!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BUMP!!!
corsajay88

User status: Offline
10th May 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
FAZ
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easily fixed surely, just cosemetic and maybe a new radiator/ crash bar?
corsajay88

10th May 12 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, looks a lot worse than it is, bonnet, headlights, crashbar. radiator is fine. set off from some traffic lights, just after the junction, the old guy in front just stopped. i know its my fault as i went into the back of him. he was sound though as there was no damage to his. he seemed like he thought it was his fault, was only going 5-10mph

i'll just await the claim on insurance for whiplash
Fro

11th May 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May have pushed his boot floor a bit, won't know until his bumper is off.
rossnomore

11th May 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least the old boy was alright about it, a lot of people wouldve given you some amount of shit.
corsajay88

11th May 12 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think he saw i was more concerned about his car. he just shrugged his shoulders and said it's one of those things. i'll get my bumper off today check what the damage is properly. glad i don't drive like a tool as it's pretty clear corsa's aren't very good in crashes.
andys sxi
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted as said it's easily fixed are you going through insurance

April 08 feature car
RichR
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the old boy goes through insurance, you might as well too as it'll all be a claim against your's anyway.

Fact of the matter is, if he seemed that disinterested, he probably has no insurance anyway and doesn't want to go anywhere near anyone's insurance company.

Plus the front of cars are designed to crumple more than the rear but his could be hiding damage behind the bumper if the bumper ahs popped back into shape
Liam-Wilko

11th May 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did he take your details mate.

and as LiVe LeE said damage could be hiden as i had a C2 GT go into the back of my corsa and only looked like a light untill i checked properly when i got home. i didnt bother claiming wasnt worth it tbh
corsajay88

11th May 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an easy fix for me, just strip it down today, and il get the parts tomorow. Just welded the boot yesterday as well. Its probably one of my grandads friends from the pub, il go and see him at weekend, see whats happening. Doesn't seem the claim sort. Just one of those accidents, wrong place at the wrong time.
corsajay88

11th May 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad at all no damage to wings, bumper not cracked just slam panel and bonnet, i'l be getting replacements tomorow. gave him a call, hes fine with it but i said he can take it to my mates garage for a check over. mine would most probably be a write off due to the value.
andys sxi
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats why i asked if you were going through insurance because it would have propbably got written off,

i used to have a set of headlights but im not sure what happened to them now

April 08 feature car
corsajay88

11th May 12 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate, no not going through insurance, sorted headlights from adam-d on here, he's only in bromborough. headlights and crashbar - £20, bonnet £20 and slam panel £10. think i have been very lucky here.
corsajay88

12th May 12 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got it looking ok ish and drivable. thanks to adam-d for helping me out with some headlights. definately needs a new slam panel which i am waiting to be delivered. bent the old one back into shape as best i could

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BUMP!!! 23 database queries in 0.0123351 seconds