corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Yodel Amazon Returns

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yodel Amazon Returns
James

User status: Offline
17th May 12 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone used this process?

I don't understand why such a good company like Amazon would use a company like Yodel.

I booked in a collection yesterday lunchtime for today. I thought it was optimistic at that short notice but the website let me do it and it said I would get an e-mail confirming it was OK within 2 hours.

I never heard anything and I called up Yodel today and they said they can't do anything with Amazon returns over the phone, I have to e-mail the e-mail address. So I've done that but I don't expect to hear anything.

What a shambles.
ed

17th May 12 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think they use Collect+ don't they, so you can just drop your return off at a local shop and Yodel will pick it up from there?
James

17th May 12 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish it was that simple. This is a proper collection, I had to provide a collection date and collection address.
James

17th May 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only a pair of headphones FFS. Granted they are worth quite a lot, but still.
nibnob21
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yodel are absolute cack. I've only ever experienced their service twice, and twice they cocked up. One time they lied about trying to deliver and said I wasn't in (My flat mate was in the flat and I was just outside the front door working on the car) and they didn't even apologise when I emailed them complaining. The second time they delivered to some other random house and let someone sign for my package that didn't even know me?! Fucking useless. Amazon should know better than to use a company like them.

MX5 Project Thread
noshua

17th May 12 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, they're shit and useless. I missed a delivery so re-booked it online for two days later, nothing came. Phoned them up (after eventually finding the local depot number, use saynoto0870 website) and they said they had no record of a re-delivery.

Read a few stories where people have arranged to pick up but when they've got there they can't find the parcel. Luckily the lady I spoke to was quite helpful though and phoned me back a few minutes after I said I wanted to collect.

The Delivery+ service is completely different though, unsure how that works though as I had to collect from the depot and not the local Delivery+ shop around here.
Ben G

17th May 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yodel were in the paper last week about the amount of complaints they'd been getting from customers

they delivered some blinds worth a few hundred quid to me. i wasn't in, so they left them with someone 5 houses up the road and never bothered putting a card through my door.

luckily the lady came and knocked a few days later and gave them to me.

iirc it's not proper posties, just couriers that get a certain amount per parcel they deliver.

mandmdirect used them when i last ordered some clothes, and some fat bird in a shonky battered old saxo turned up with parcels on her back seat.

real professional
Demo

17th May 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yodel are fucking useless. Every time I have a delivery from them there is an issue

Ordered a pair of shoes the other day and when the confirmation email came through explaining they were coming via yodel I felt a shudder down my spine
Ryan

17th May 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just tried to deliver something to me but i missed them by about 10miniutes, there is no option to collect from the deopt, you have to re-arrange a delivery date which is fucking useless as i live alone.

Who the fuck can afford to take a day off work and wait in 8am-6pm on the off chance that it might arrive?
James

17th May 12 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just came and collected it.

Thanks for the e-mail confirmation. Lucky I was ready for them.
James

17th May 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also put on the special instructions to call my mobile before they come into the building. But they just rocked up at reception and the receptionist had to come and get me.
noshua

17th May 12 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
They just tried to deliver something to me but i missed them by about 10miniutes, there is no option to collect from the deopt, you have to re-arrange a delivery date which is fucking useless as i live alone.

Who the fuck can afford to take a day off work and wait in 8am-6pm on the off chance that it might arrive?

I couldn't find anything either, but phoned my local depot (number from here: http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php - put Yodel in company and search for your local). Phoned them and said I want to collect.
Dave_O

17th May 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that half of you just like to moan for no reason. The Amazon collection probably wasn't Yodels fault it just wasn't passed through to yodel. As for the person that missed there delivery by ten minutes you can't complain it's your own fault for not being in simple answer go to the shop and don't buy on line if your not home to receive or pay extra for a pre 10 o'clock or pre 12 o'clock delivery then you know what time it will be there for. I work for yodel and were that useless I wasted 25 minutes of my time to stand round in the rain to just start a ladies car that had a flat battery this morning after waiting 10 minutes for her to get home after she'd got stuck in traffic on her way home when I rang her.
James

17th May 12 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave_O
I think that half of you just like to moan for no reason. The Amazon collection probably wasn't Yodels fault it just wasn't passed through to yodel. As for the person that missed there delivery by ten minutes you can't complain it's your own fault for not being in simple answer go to the shop and don't buy on line if your not home to receive or pay extra for a pre 10 o'clock or pre 12 o'clock delivery then you know what time it will be there for. I work for yodel and were that useless I wasted 25 minutes of my time to stand round in the rain to just start a ladies car that had a flat battery this morning after waiting 10 minutes for her to get home after she'd got stuck in traffic on her way home when I rang her.

I arranged the collection via the Yodel website. Admittedly they did turn up, but they never confirmed it like they said they would, I could easily have not been there when they arrived as I assumed they weren't coming.
noshua

17th May 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No-one is blaming the drivers, it's more often the case of them being given too many deliveries in a day or a shit depot.
James

17th May 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is - I couldn't GAF what car they turn up in, or if they turn up in their pants TBH, but I've had it before where it's been sent to a neighbour a few doors down and nothing put through my letterbox. I didn't know it was there until they knocked on my door.

This is obviously down to the drivers.

[Edited on 17-05-2012 by James]
Gaz

17th May 12 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sadly I have some inside knowledge of both Yodel and Collect+ as I support them through work however I'm not going to get dragged into any discussions to much.

What I will say is that Amazon use them because they are the cheapest collection service going and Yodel run a special line for Amazon as I believe they are their biggest client but they do struggle to assist with the agreement they have with Amazon. The call centre can only see whats already been booked and sadly their system isn't the easiest to work with.
You might be best to try and get your local depot for Yodel to arrange a collection (I'm not sure if this sort of route through to them is a valid one but worth a shot)
nibnob21
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence to you Dave_O but every problem I've had with Yodel has been down to the driver.

Obviously not all the drivers are going to be bad, but every time I've used Yodel I've had a bad experience and so wouldn't go near them again. I'd rather pay the extra and use a courier that in my eyes I can rely on.

MX5 Project Thread
James

17th May 12 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is excellent:

Claire Jolly lives in East London; she has a seven foot fence and gate and has CCTV footage of the Yodel delivery driver bringing the X-Box 360 she ordered from Amazon - and throwing it over the gate. Yodel did apologise after Claire complained.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2012/03/yodel.html
Marc

17th May 12 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went for a job interviw yesterday, I was asked about my current job etc. I mentioned we use Yodel, the response was "eugh, hate Yodel"
Ryan

18th May 12 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WOW what a bunch of fucking retards these are!! Failed delivery yesterday so i phoned and arranged to pick it up from depot today, i phoned twice to make sure it had gone through. Drove the 20+ miles this morning to get there for 8am, gave the mong behind the desk my slip and he said its gone out on the van!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!

I live alone and work full time so its nearly impossible for me to be home, so im going to have to drive back again next week and hope they havent fucked it up again. Its a full set of printed football kits for a tournament on sunday, so by time i eventually do get them, they will be useless and unable to return them!!

nibnob21
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave a note on your door giving the delivery driver permission to sign for it or to leave it with a neighbour?

MX5 Project Thread

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Yodel Amazon Returns 23 database queries in 0.3348351 seconds