corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BP fuel issue....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BP fuel issue....
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to our local BP this morning to put 10 quid in the corsa. Went in and paid, came out and the display said we had less miles than we went in with. It showed 18 when we went in, 15 when we started up again. Went back in and explained and they told us to put another ten in at a different pump. We did this and it registered so i went in, told them all was good and they let us go on our way. Now getting back in the car and it shows that we have indeed gone up again so its obvious we did actually get the fuel from the first pump and that it was the car that was incorrect. Should i go back and pay or let it be? Dont want to get done for not paying for fuel. Cameras would show mme going back in at the time i guess and i cant find a BP phone number anywhere to call them about it. Run the risk or go back and be honest?
Norcy91

3rd Jun 12 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they really ever going to find out if you managed to get the fuel or not?
StuartVRS

3rd Jun 12 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not that, its the fact a second pump now has no payment showing from it and it will show our car reg on cameras.
SXI - Matt

3rd Jun 12 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to dig but this used to wind me up so much when I worked at a PFS, the amount of people that would come in and say I've put a tenner in and my digital gauge is saying the same as before or the fuel light is still on. £10 gives next to no fuel in the grand scheme of things especially if your showing 15 miles on the gauge. Normally I'd say it's fine and they'd go off in a hump then next time they came in would end up saying it did go in just took a while to register, that or I'd tell them to put another £10 and you'll have double then you thought and low and behold it register and would show the whole amount. Any way rant over I'd leave it they won't chase £10 trust me we used to write off £300 - £500 + a week

[Edited on 03-06-2012 by SXI - Matt]
XE Col
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will have cleared that, I wouldn't worry
But if you are go give them another tenner,
Gaz

3rd Jun 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think BP(and the government for that matter) will have made much more than a tenner off you in previous years mate. Chalk it up as a small victory
StuartVRS

3rd Jun 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not worried too much, they told me it was ok, its more the wife panicking she will get pulled for non payment. Like said above, it wasnt the pump, it was our guage that just didnt register it increasing.
SXI - Matt

3rd Jun 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I right in saying that it works it out by the amount left and the driving conditions e.f if you thrash the shit out of it it will obviously show a lot less then if you drive normally it will increase so takes a few miles to re set (obviously of you put a lot in it will register straight away) Or is this utter bullshit

[Edited on 03-06-2012 by SXI - Matt]
corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your range was like 15 miles, maybe you've about a gallon in the tank, the tank will have a ridge in the middle. With you only putting just over a gallon in the tank, I doudt it's enough to go into the second section of the tank, so the sensor can register the amount.

Doesn't it piss you off, needing to go to the petrol station every time you go out in the car?

Also it's a right waste of time, and fuel going to get a little bit of fuel all the time.
Graham88

3rd Jun 12 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also used to get this all the time when I worked in a petrol station. Can see both sides of the argument, but it wouldn't happen if people didn't put tenners in. At least when I worked there it was 79.9 a tenner gave you a decent amount, it's pointless now
Kano

3rd Jun 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tenner does me 3 1/2 days commuting.
Corsa_Sport21

3rd Jun 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im the same, i normally just put a tenner in. Its an old habit and i see no need to change it. Petrol station is next to work, so i go straight after if i need fuel. The other half puts £20 in if she goes though.

Is it true that petrol is more denser when its cold, so you get more for your money??
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jun 12 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tenners, it'd piss me off being there every other day.

Can't believe they believed the car and let you off. Most unreliable thing in the world. I've driven around with it reading zero and ran out with it on 7 miles before now, and putting little amounts of fuel in just fills the contours of the tank, gone well for you.
Jambo

3rd Jun 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In our Clio if you leave the key in the ignition, fill up and get back in and start the petrol gauge wont move so I.e if light was on and you put a full tank in it would still show light being on.

Remove key lock it and get back in it will register. Also range computers are too variable to go in and tell the petrol station your car hasn't filled up IMO
DaveyLC

3rd Jun 12 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once filled up while the tanker was filling the forecourt. It must have foamed up pretty bad because I managed to put nearly £100 of unleaded into an Omega which at the time would have nearly filled the tank twice!

I dont normally look at the screen as I just brim everything but when I went to pay I nearly shit my pants! I moaned to the bloke serving but he had an IQ of about 7 and there was a bit of a language barrier so I was just wasting my time.

I wrote a letter to Q8 fuels and they politely told me to fuck off
Fro

4th Jun 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A3's do that as well apparently Jambo.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

4th Jun 12 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they cleared the sale, they won't be able to charge you anyway. I had one a while back, filled up, I think it was £46-something, went to pay and he asked for a tenner, told him the pump number again and he yeah, £10. Told him I'd put £40-odd in, he played about with the till for a bit then just said, it's only showing a tenner so that's all I can charge so even though I'd told him I'd took more, he couldn't charge for it.

[Edited on 04-06-2012 by Mike]
kennySRi

4th Jun 12 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in a petrol station and it annoys the fcuk out of me when customers say that nothing has gone in because the gauge isnt showing it. I always tell them politely to stop chatting shit and leave, no idea why a garage would actually believe it and let you off.
Chris
Premium Member

4th Jun 12 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is the pump not not going to deliver the fuel, each vain on the impeller will hold so many ml so evert turn will be 100ml or something.

You have done will get to get 10 quid free.
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jun 12 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put fuel in my car today, and it was pretty obvious that it was pumping fuel through, you can feel it coming through the nozzle. Can also hear it. Im pretty sure you would know there and then if it wasn't pumping fuel through.
ed

4th Jun 12 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car seems to fill itself up on its own sometimes. The gauges are stupid and the miles to empty mean fuck all too. More fool them for listening to you TBH.

I was filling my car up once and the meter on the pump wasn't moving at all for a while, it was just pumping air. I'd hazard a guess that they're pretty well tested due to th value of the product they're measuring.
Bonney

5th Jun 12 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a similar thing happen with a van where I used to work. Pulled up at the pump, started to use it and at about £15 in to filling up the pump started to slow right down, I just left it running then it took about 2 minutes to get to £17 where it just slowed riht down, Pulled it out and nothing was coming out!
Went in and told the woman behind the counter and she said just move to another pump where i filled it up with £50 quids worth (What i was given to fill the van up with) and ended up with a full tank from empty!
johnhara1

5th Jun 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Friend of mine went to tesco garage in the morning on way to work and filled the tank

Be bought a sandwich to have for his lunch and went to the counter to pay.

He paid for the sandwich and left the garage with a full tank of fuel.

He realised later that day but said nothing.

He didn't get any comeback.........
AndyCorsaSport

5th Jun 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few courtesy cars at work do this.

Although doesnt help as most times ill be putting £6 or £7 in

Myself I put £30 in, will last me a week usually.
kennySRi

5th Jun 12 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
Friend of mine went to tesco garage in the morning on way to work and filled the tank

Be bought a sandwich to have for his lunch and went to the counter to pay.

He paid for the sandwich and left the garage with a full tank of fuel.

He realised later that day but said nothing.

He didn't get any comeback.........

We used to get this all the time at work, nothing was ever done because the cameras wernt good enough to read the reg However they have been changed since then and are much better, but the police dont want to know about it if the customer has come in to buy something as it's not classed as a drive off so nothing can be done.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BP fuel issue.... 22 database queries in 0.2459650 seconds