corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Amsterdam - Stag Do Next Week

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amsterdam - Stag Do Next Week
Nismo

User status: Offline
11th Jun 12 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its my stag do in Amsterdam next week, 15 of us are there for 3 days.

Got a beer bike booked for the saturday, is there anything else you guys or places you can recommend?

The Heineken museum worth a visit? Anyone been this year whats the price of drinks like at the mo? keep hearing its not cheap?
ed

11th Jun 12 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amsterdam is an expensive city, but worth the money. The Heineken museum is pretty good, it's a fairly touristy thing to do much like going to the Guinness factory in Dublin. You get a pint and a little gift at the end
noshua

11th Jun 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We went last year but never went to the beer museum, wish we had now!

We ended up getting push bikes on the 2nd day, by far the best thing you can do as it makes getting around much easier, quicker and funnier! Worth hiring, think they're about 3 or 6 EUR a day, we got them for about 2EUR for 3 days though because they didn't realise we only paid the deposit

The Amsterdam sign is worth visiting, there's a really nice "bar" next to it that do amazing food, I had a posh burger, it was amazing!

I can't remember exactly what or where it was (will check when I'm on laptop later) but we rode to a park area just outside of the main bit of Amaterdam which was really nice, there's also a "bar" there too

Cheapest I paid for a pint (they're actually not a pint but "large" beers) was 5.50EUR which was a 1 place only, the average is 6-7EUR. Better off buying some beers from the supermarket (Albert Heinz or something, next to Red Light District) to drink whilst your in the room getting ready and what not then having a couple when you're out (with a smoke!).
Marc

11th Jun 12 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sex shows are funny.
noshua

11th Jun 12 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I just remembered what happened when we went to one - walked in whilst the last show was finishing (5-6 different 'acts'), definitely save the most graphic until last! Not sure what's funnier though, the show or the regulars that sit there like it's normal!

The park we went to and rode around was called Vondelpark, the place we got a drink from was called Blauwe Theehuis. All the pictures on google make the park look like a crap field or something

The supermarket is called Albert Heijn, there's loads around according to Google Maps, I'd defo remember where one is otherwise you'll get stung. We found a shitty shop/mini market on the way to our apartment and my mate came out the shop almost crying because he was charged about 13EUR for a 2L bottle of water and a chocolate bar The prices in there are like Tesco, we bought a crate (like you'd find in a pub, plastic rack) of 24 500ml bottles of Heineken for 18EUR, if you take the crate and bottles back after (aka on your next beer run) you get about 6EUR back.

EDIT: You can buy mushrooms over the counter as well, not sure if they're actually proper ones though as I thought it was just weed that was legal.

[Edited on 11-06-2012 by noshua]
JordyCarter

11th Jun 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went for 2 days not long ago purely for smoking though, went to all the coffee shops 420 was my fave. I love amsterdam i go all the time, smoking overseas
Wrighty

11th Jun 12 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in general its an expensive city but the bars round the red light are the most expensive, probably expect to pay more in that sorta area as its a tourist trap. its worth sampling some of the finest while your over there
Nismo

11th Jun 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys!
Fad

11th Jun 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Banana Bar....not sure why but have ended up in there 3 times with devastating effect.

The first year I went a bar maid fired a dildo out of her pussy and two guys fought to catch it....you should have seen their face when they caught it and realised it was an error!

Second year we all played the spanking game with the barmaids to see who could take the most pain.....bad decision. Iirc it's like 50 euros all you can drink for an hour?

Bar maids are bit ropey but a good laugh when wearing beer goggles

[Edited on 11-06-2012 by Fad]
M Sutton

12th Jun 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha Banana bar is great!! Went 4 years ago and spent about £600 in 3 days! Well worth it and was a great laugh. As said abit expensive so be prapared to spend a fare amount of cash
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mushrooms are real, we got some and gave them to one lad before the flight back!

Glad I've been but not somewhere I would go again, but I don't smoke and that's about all there is to do!

Banana bar is probably best for a good time, can't recall other we ended up in a few times!

Watch out for the constant drug sellers on the street!

We only went to let a lad pop his cherry, was an expensive week for him

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Amsterdam - Stag Do Next Week 23 database queries in 0.0137811 seconds