corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Legal Advice ...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Legal Advice ...
Corsa666

User status: Offline
28th Apr 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine spent quite an amount at a stall at Donny... One item was rear lenses.

These lenses fit the car, but the bulb clusters did not fit the lenses. I called the company the following day, who assured me they would call me back.

2 days later I chased them and they put me through to the company that produce the lights.

After discussing with company it turned out that the bulb holders and wires to adapt the clusters where missing and they would send them out in the post.

1 Week later I called them again as I was still waiting, and was advised that they had plenty in stock so would send me some recorded delivery.

Come the weekend I still had not received this recorded delivery, so mailed the company that they were purchased from - who are ignoring the mail !!

I could probably go out and buy these bulb holders.. but tbh why should I ??

Whats my next step ??
Cheers ppl
Andy Morley

28th Apr 03 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send them a letter stating the whole scenario from start to finish

also in this letter ask them to provide a reasonable date for delivery

if they reply now send them a letter giving them a reasonable deadline (if they say 5 days you give them 7 etc) then at the end of the letter put "time of the essence"

if they dont reply in writin or contact you by phone in a reasonable time then phone trading standards stating everything you have done

trading standards will then either tell you wot to do or they will take it from there

andy

[Edited on 28-04-2003 by Andy Morley]
Craig W

28th Apr 03 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i'd just get black clothing, black leather gloves and a sniper rifle.
Adam-D

28th Apr 03 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phew!
Adam-D

28th Apr 03 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Craig W
Personally i'd just get black clothing, black leather gloves and a sniper rifle.

Corsa666

28th Apr 03 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Andy, not a bad idea... I av read on here b4 about a sale being a contract and all that, and reasonable time's but never even though about that !!
Andy Morley

quote:
Originally posted by Craig W

yeah that might be a bit quicker
Kerry

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa666
A friend of mine

so how come u are doin all the chasing around
Andy Morley

28th Apr 03 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa666
Cheers Andy, not a bad idea... I av read on here b4 about a sale being a contract and all that, and reasonable time's but never even though about that !!

a sale is really a contract even if verbal. also by law you are to be given a reasonable quality of product and service, and until you have fully recieved wot you have bought that service isnt reached and its a breach of contract. you dont legally need a receipt
Corsa666

29th Apr 03 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kerry .. I am doing the running around cos he is a good mate ... I work shifts so am off where he works 7am till 9pm some nights !!

Andy .. am gonna give em one more fone call ... then after that its letter / trading standards time !
J da Silva

29th Apr 03 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask for refund, they'll soon send em out, if not then they never had em in first place and atleast u can go elsewhere or ya mate or whatever
vibrio
Banned

29th Apr 03 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is quite good info onthe DTi site. but what Andy said holds. I personally would return the item and get a refund.
Sam
Premium Member

29th Apr 03 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
there is quite good info onthe DTi site. but what Andy said holds. I personally would return the item and get a refund.

Same here.
Corsa666

29th Apr 03 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got a call of me mam .... the parts arrived this morning recorded delivery... so tis all sorted now... the lil fcukers !!
jay@ffwd

29th Apr 03 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who was it?
when you send a letter...
make sure you send a copy to a solicitor and make sure you cc it on the letter so they know.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Legal Advice ... 22 database queries in 0.0152969 seconds