corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Light Comes On Randomly And Lose Power For A Few Seconds Idea's?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Light Comes On Randomly And Lose Power For A Few Seconds Idea's?
Nash17

User status: Offline
18th Jun 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently My Corsa 1.2 16v Has Been Having Issues With The Engine Light Coming On,

This Normally Happens If I Have To Build Up Speed Quickly Like Coming Off Slip Road Onto Motorway Or When I Am Going Up A Hill Etc,

I Lose Power For A Few Seconds Then It Comes Back Very Weird Never Happened Before....

Any Idea's?

Cheers Dan
Generation

18th Jun 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get fault codes read?
pow
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFM, my old 1.2 16v B used to do it, foot down, lack of power, EML on, EML off, woosh away it went. New AFM sorted it.

No fault codes will be stored

[Edited on 19-06-2012 by pow]
Jed D

19th Jun 12 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old 1.2 16v used to do this. had no fault codes for some reason too. it just came on randomly.
after changing the plugs it stopped though
Nash17

19th Jun 12 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank You Fella's, Sounds Like Both Of You Have Described Exactly What Happens Thank You Pow And Jed D
So What Would You Suggest Then New Spark Plugs And AFM Does That Stand For Air Mass Flow Meter?
How Much Does The Air Mass Flow Cost?
l88fty
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 02:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can pick up 2nd hand ones for around £30, but 9 time out of 10 this wont cure the problem, your better of buying a GM part or an equiverlant with same quailty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-CORSA-B-1-2-16v-MASS-AIR-FLOW-METER-SENSOR-MAF-0280217123-/220883080014?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336da8534e

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
Generation

21st Jun 12 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG why is there a capital letter at the beginning of every word?
Cruise corsa b

21st Jun 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer hap end to my car as well change the air flow meter and plugs it sorted mine out also can be the lambor sensor but try the othe 2 first. The reason you loose power is coz it is going into limp mode so the belts don't slip off. Hope this helps
Nash17

21st Jun 12 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you everyone for your help much appreciated!
Dan
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what belt doesn't slip off :-/

New Poll