corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hmmm engine management light help please!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hmmm engine management light help please!!
Christopher

User status: Offline
21st Jun 12 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well read the thread a couple of ones down but mines slightly different! Basically every few minutes if I'm sticking at a constant speed the car will shudder forward and every 5 minutes my engine management light comes on for about 5 seconds! Also most times I come to a stop my engine management light will come on and the car will sit constantly reving at about 1700 revs as if it's on cams is the only way I can describe it! Any ideas!?
D0NN3R

21st Jun 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked things like the afm or egr
this sounds abit like what happened to my mums car first it was the egr and then later on the afm went
Christopher

22nd Jun 12 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think it's the afm as I think I had that in my old 1.0 and don't know what an egr is how can I check it?!
D0NN3R

22nd Jun 12 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its an exhaust gas regualtor just remove it and clean it out as it can get full of carbon crap
DanCobb

22nd Jun 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paper Clip test or get Sean to read the codes on a diagnostics thing. No point in buying loads of stuff and it not working lol

New Poll