corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vectra gsi owners

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vectra gsi owners
innes16v

User status: Offline
26th Jun 12 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi I have a xe cavy Sri, pretty mint and was offers swap for gsi... Can anyone tell me about them never really been into them, r tHey as bad on fuel as people say? Pros and cons? Iv heard the coil packs r bad for goin
smcGSI16V

26th Jun 12 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I averaged 30mpg over 22k in one year.
Exhaust manifolds crack, rear bushes fail on suspension, oil coolers can rot because they are submerged in water inside the block.

I loved mine, really nice lazy cruising barge only thing it lacked was a sixth gear. Would have another tomorrow. I had a silver phase 2.
Much better car than a crappy cavalier.
sxibeast

26th Jun 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a 2.6 V6 SRi and love it! Engine is nice and smooth, cruise along no worries, power if you need it, nice noise (mine is decatted and has a straight through centre to Irmscher square box).

Issues i have had with mine so far are the radiator fan not working, slight clonk from the drivers front at low speed and doesnt like starting on first turn of key (though second fires straight up)! I was reading the other day of someone removing the submerged oil cooler and replacing with a Mocal style one (saves on the rotting). This might be a mod i look into over the summer as the engine gets mighty hot!

Agree with smc that it needs a 6th gear though! A tank of fuel for me will last me 2 weeks and managed 310 miles out of it (and i was still mid red)!
Nic Barnes

26th Jun 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had egr trouble, coil pack, rear manifold cracked, pas pump expired, alternator expired. Other than that which is due to age I guess, great car. Mpg isn't the best on short runs, averaged 26 work and back. Comfy, handle well, not that slow, phase 2s still look decent now. Bbs wheels i put on looked great. Bloody good car tbh.
CORSA NUT

26th Jun 12 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt there's many better cars for a grand of you can afford the insurance and fuel costs IMO
CORSA NUT

26th Jun 12 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to bid on this but got called out and missed it

eBay no 251076656609
Efckitson

26th Jun 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a SRI 2.6 untill last week, they are great cars for the money. Managed to get it to around 28MPG, mixed driving. Although if you only do around town miles expect 20MPG and to visiting the petrol station alot!

Engines sound lovley with an air filter of some sort and centre section removed. Another common problem with them is the electric window runners going dry causing problems going up and down.
sxibeast

27th Jun 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about it, my front windows seem a little slow going up, well that was until some c*nt decided to put them through last night!

On a side note, i picked up my 2.6 for £500 off ebay! Others with more miles (mine was on 72k when i picked it up) and worse condition were listed for more!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vectra gsi owners 22 database queries in 0.0117970 seconds