corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cav slabs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cav slabs
corsa king

User status: Offline
26th Jun 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey there guys,

I have just shifted my hideous, halfraud alloys that came with my car and now looking new wheels to put on. My original plan was to get some steels banded, but with all plans money was an issue. So, now I'm thinking of getting a set of cav slabs and painting them black.

Anyway, to the question in hand, how long can you go on cav slabs without any arch work? And, do you guys have any pictures of your own car with them on?

Thanks, any help will be much appreciated!
Christopher

26th Jun 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How low you looking to go!? Cab slabs sit really well with corsas with a decent tyre size with no arch work needed as they are the perfect offset! I know 80mm with 45 profile tyres will be fine!
redtom

26th Jun 12 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously cav slabs are shocking looking wheels
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jun 12 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by redtom
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th Jun 12 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall made loads of wheels that look nicer than slabs.
corsa king

26th Jun 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well at the moment my car is sitting on the lowest setting on my coilovers (100mm), but is on 13” steels. I don’t know if the wheels catch whilst turning, as sadly I am not licensed to drive it . But I really like how low it is, and would like to keep it that way.

I personally quite like cav slabs, but mainly on the market for them because they are in my budget and I have some 15” tyres kicking around. I would love to get some banded steel type of wheels. However, my pocket won’t stretch as far as buying them and the arch work needed to pull them off.

Thanks.
Corsa_Sport21

26th Jun 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cav GSi wheels can look OK-ish, but only if they are a nice fresh silver, and with a low profile tyre. They look hideous painted black with 195 50 tyres for example.
jrdn7

26th Jun 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slabs look ok with certain paint schemes, and lowered a bit. Too much & they look like shite. Mate of mine had his down at 80mm & didn't rub. Tyres were either 45's or 40's, can't mind.

I'll have my set for sale soon enough mate. Much prefer cesaros myself!
corsajay88

26th Jun 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il also have a set of slabs up for sale soon got toyo proxes on the front which have done about 800 miles and budgets on the back but with great tread, they're in gloss black as well
jrdn7

26th Jun 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
il also have a set of slabs up for sale soon got toyo proxes on the front which have done about 800 miles and budgets on the back but with great tread, they're in gloss black as well

Oi, I got here first!
corsa king

26th Jun 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have some 195/45 (I think) in my garage that I got wih my car. My car is arden blue, with soon to be gloss black bumper tops. One benefit over buying expensive wheels is crying over furture curbing!
Col004

26th Jun 12 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best wheel for a corsa IMHO. Wish they did them in 16". I'll miss the look of mine without slabs. Each to there own and all that.
Adster

27th Jun 12 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by redtom

corsa king

25th Jul 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I finally got myself a set, I personal think they look pretty sweet! I'll get some pictures of my car when I get a chance. Anyway I face a new dilemma. This will probably be a very noobish question, but one of my wheels is closer to the arch than the other! This has lead to abit of wear on the arch. Will this just be that the tracking needs doing? The car is on some jom coilovers (cheap/shit I know), on the lowest setting. I quite like how low it is, but is a drop 100mm too much for cav slabs?

I have just realised I have wrote a small essay, but any help will be much appreciated, thanks!
corsa king

26th Jul 12 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand now that the car will need tracking done. However, before I book it in should I pick the front end up a little? Or, is a drop of 100mm all around okay?

Cheers!
Danny92

27th Jul 12 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the big fuss with slabs!? look plan and boring and everyone has them >.<
corsa king

27th Jul 12 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look a hell of alot better than the rims that came with the car. Also being 17, with only a part time job, they fit nicely in my budget!
sc0ott

27th Jul 12 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painting them black or white makes them look really shit.

A nice silver or anthracite would look better.
laingyla

27th Jul 12 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had no arch work
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 12 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

christ i bet thats horrendous to drive
thegsi

27th Jul 12 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lad wants Cav slabs. Stop going on about that you do and don't like. Fucking busy bodies

What about these mate?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Cav-slabs-grey-cavalier-GSI-alloys-15-toyo-T1R-tyres-195-45-15-C20XE-/271015886461?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item3f19ce3e7d

Should be able to get down 120mm+ on the rear without any arch issues
corsa king

27th Jul 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I already have a set of cav slabs. But thanks thegsi! I was just wondering how low I can go on the front? without my arches being eaten up! I can't really tell on my car as the tracking is out, so before I get it fixed I just want to know if I need to pick the front end up.

Cheers!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cav slabs 22 database queries in 0.0969472 seconds