corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Infuckingsurance Again

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Infuckingsurance Again
makincorsac

User status: Offline
   5th Jul 12 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment i am looking into getting a newer car. looked on auto trader and pistonheads and seen a saab 93 2.0T Vector. lovely car so thought i would have a try with my insurance company to see if they would cover me...

A big fat no, and that goes to all new policy holders aswel just because saab has ceased trading.

so after my rant what do we reckon would be a good nice car for me to be looking at? i'm 24 3 years ncd and have £3000 to spend.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to a different company
Gary
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vectra SRi CDTi
makincorsac

5th Jul 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Vectra SRi CDTi

sorry meant to say no diesels.... not keen on em
Gary
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok Vectra SRi Petrol. I'm sure they do a zlet
makincorsac

5th Jul 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice al have a look
Sam
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a Vectra C SRi for a hire car once, very nice comfortable car.

Drank a lot of fuel I thought (think it was a 2.2 16v?) but then I have a heavy right foot

[Edited on 05-07-2012 by Sam]
Brett
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got rid of my Vectra 3.2 SRI. I wouldn't bother personally, although they are very cheap now.
Sunz

5th Jul 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-325i-SPORT-/170869012146?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27c89636b2#ht_500wt_949

You must live in a decent post code, 24 with 3 years ncb is the new 17 with 0 ncb from 10 years ago.

Diesels are cool, if you do a lot of mileage they pay for them self, less deprecation from 2nd hand diesels, remap are pretty simple, cost effective and work best on turbo diesels, a lot of extra power for very little money.
Adam_B

5th Jul 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Diesels are cool, if you do a lot of mileage they pay for them self

free cars
baza31

5th Jul 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but this is bollocks. They won't insure you because saab isn't trading? What about all other car manufacturers that are no more ? They won't insure you on age and any convictions it's fuck all to do with the brand of car
Sunz

5th Jul 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:
Diesels are cool, if you do a lot of mileage they pay for them self

free cars

Just need one of them black frame pictures with posh troll face saving the economy !
GB123
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Sorry but this is bollocks. They won't insure you because saab isn't trading? What about all other car manufacturers that are no more ? They won't insure you on age and any convictions it's fuck all to do with the brand of car

This, are you saying they wouldn't insure you on a rover metro then?
makincorsac

5th Jul 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-325i-SPORT-/170869012146?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27c89636b2#ht_500wt_949

You must live in a decent post code, 24 with 3 years ncb is the new 17 with 0 ncb from 10 years ago.

Diesels are cool, if you do a lot of mileage they pay for them self, less deprecation from 2nd hand diesels, remap are pretty simple, cost effective and work best on turbo diesels, a lot of extra power for very little money.

live in oldham mate, i dont do loads of mileage so a petrol car is what i have gone for...

i got a new car today, take delivery next wednesday. Wasn't really after a speedy thing so i got a BMW 316ti ES in the end, 04plate 46,800 miles and full service history. metallic dark grey colour. £4200 tidy though so i wasnt meithered about paying the extra as people will say i have payed too much
LeeM

5th Jul 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

compact?
makincorsac

5th Jul 12 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
compact?

yeah.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Infuckingsurance Again 22 database queries in 0.0119231 seconds