corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Charity adverts on tv.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Charity adverts on tv.
Ben G

User status: Offline
5th Jul 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it just me that's get really annoyed at these? why do charities feel the need to push their causes on us and tug on the heart strings just to get us to give money?

i personally, have donated small amounts over the past year to macmillan cancer research and the meningitis foundation not only because they helped my family in times of need, but also because i wanted to. i didn't feel pushed into making the decision.

it really angers me that i feel sympathy for the people who talk in the adverts about their problem and try to get us to feel we HAVE to hand money over and if we don't, we are terrible human beings.

why don't the government stop handing out money to scum on benefits and give it to them instead? or give that foreign aid to them instead of sending it to countries that are currently booming and rich enough already.

discuss.

[Edited on 05-07-2012 by Ben G]
John

5th Jul 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adverts, people in shops and door chappers.

Guy came to my door, gave me some speech on child trafficking, I said I wasn't really interested so he replied 'what,you aren't interested in kids being prostituted?'. Door got quickly shut in his face after that.
fazza

5th Jul 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also feel like this ben, especially when TV adverts cost so much fucking money

Ben G

5th Jul 12 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the door knockers are annoying aswell especially when it's saturday morning and i want a lay in.

rush around putting clothes on to answer the door and it's only some retard begging for money.

i'm not a horrible person and have a sensitive side, but i want to feel like i can help on my own terms and not feel like i've been forced into doing so.
Whittie

5th Jul 12 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
I also feel like this ben, especially when TV adverts cost so much fucking money

Charities get up to 90% off for broadcasting costs depending on time.
Gary
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
he replied 'what,you aren't interested in kids being prostituted?'. Door got quickly shut in his face after that.

I'd have told him i was interested in buying one. That would have shut him up.
Cavey

5th Jul 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:

Charities get up to 90% off for broadcasting costs depending on time.

It's horrible being home during the day, its pretty much exclusively charity and insurance/ppi adverts, especially on the nerd channels
AndyKent

5th Jul 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only today I found out that if fundraising to a target for a charity (ie. for a marathon or in my case half marathon) gift aid doesn't count towards your total donation.

So basically the charities make it just that little bit harder for you to reach the target. Brilliant.
Sam
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all about awareness at the end of the day. The more clips of starving African kids they can show, the better.

Ironically, you see little to no adverts for charities helping starving people in our own country. Obviously more fashionable to help people in other countries than people in the same country as you these days.

Re. door knockers, they also know that a lot of people will donate money simply to get rid of them because they aren't strong enough to tell them no.

Edited for political correctness

[Edited on 05-07-2012 by Sam]
JamesMc

5th Jul 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck door knockers they should all be lynched same for Jehovahs too, i normally feel bad then carry on worrying about my first world problems.
Sunz

5th Jul 12 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Door knockers are good ! Many of them are paid to collect money so you have to pay their days wages before the charity gets a penny.

I don't know if throwing a load of money at things is the solution, was a video posted here that was about how the Italians went to Africa to try and help but ended up making things worse, making them work on farms for the equivalent of 1 months wages for a day, all that happened is they never turned up for work for more then one day, Italians didn't bother to find out the average wage, so then thought why don't we make shops, places where they can spend their wages, in comes the western World solution to everything !! Off licence !
3CorsaMeal

5th Jul 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If someone asked me to donate money to have every road repaired, I would rather do that then spend out on a constant stream of people that wouldnt exist in the past. They would of died and natural selection would of taken care of it.

Too many burdens on society these days.
LeeM

5th Jul 12 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuckin charity bastards
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Annoys me when they start arguing that I run a business and won't spare £200 for a tiny advert on a fire prevention poster that no one sees and I supported them for the last two years. Said I didn't want to do it this year and he started getting angry. What an utter Cnut couldn't believe it.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Ben G

5th Jul 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should say to him:

''what do you think this is, a fucking charity?''

Nath

5th Jul 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
the door knockers are annoying aswell .

quote:
Originally posted by JamesMc
Fuck door knockers they should all be lynched

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Door knockers are good !

Just another day on CS for Sunz.
JaffaTB

5th Jul 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant stand those idiots that come to the door, i let them talk and go on about whatever and listen like i care and then when they ask "is that something you would be interested in signing up to?" i say no sorry im not interested, had some mormons come up to me while i was halfway through diong something on my car, oil all over my hands and everything, trying to give me a leaflet or something, sod off
fazza

5th Jul 12 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to sell door2door, was a good crack actually. Met some good and weird people from it

Ideal from an experience point of view if your looking to get into a sales career, if you can sell door2door you will sell most places
Sunz

5th Jul 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Door knockers are good !

Sarcasm mean anything to you Captain Quote

"Door knockers are good ! Many of them are paid to collect money so you have to pay their days wages before the charity gets a penny." - So basically saying they "steal" your charity money to pay door knockers wages, I wasn't really saying they were a good thing. . . .

When you pay these charities they constantly send you leaflets, magazines and phone you asking if you can spare more money, all that must cost a fair amount.

Marc

5th Jul 12 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This.
Robin
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pause the adverts and rub cake onto the tv when they come on.

Probably helps about as much as £2 a month tbqfh.
Marc

5th Jul 12 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of cake?
Nath

5th Jul 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Door knockers are good !

Sarcasm mean anything to you Captain Quote

"Door knockers are good ! Many of them are paid to collect money so you have to pay their days wages before the charity gets a penny." - So basically saying they "steal" your charity money to pay door knockers wages, I wasn't really saying they were a good thing. . . .

When you pay these charities they constantly send you leaflets, magazines and phone you asking if you can spare more money, all that must cost a fair amount.

na m8, selective reading for that one, fit in nicely with everything else you post on here.
Robin
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chocolate face cake
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

captain quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Charity adverts on tv. 23 database queries in 0.0282252 seconds