corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X20xev conversion help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X20xev conversion help
corsarooney
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Jul 12 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Originally i was going to convert my 1.6 to carbs for three main reasons

1. Even though i would really love a throttle bodie kit, I dont have that kind of cash
2. As much as the redtop conversion is awsome, i dont fancy putting an engine thats older than me into my car.
3. Wanting to be a bit different

But after alot of thought, why carb a 1.6 when i can carb a 2.0!!! So have decided im going to convert the corsa to 2.0 ecotec power.

LMF do a conversion kit but its over £600!! So just wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

Im thinking il have to buy their engine mounts but am gona use an F20 box. Can i just use the 2.0 hubs and shafts that are used on the redtop conversions?? Any other specific parts im going to need?

As always any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
Paul W
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as im aware it's pretty much exactly the same as putting an xe in, uses all the same sorta stuff i think.

There's a lad over on mig with an atlantis blue 3 door with an xev engine in, here's the link click me

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
gazza808

7th Jul 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the same as fitting an xe bar the wiring,
gazza808

7th Jul 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame your quite far away as well,
As I have conversion shafts and mounts sitting doing nothing.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above I'll give you a hand if you need it Marc

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Jul 12 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your not that far from me and i have a corsa b with x20xev on throtle bodies! shafts and hubs are same as the xe i'd recomend having the hub carriers machined out to take audi bearings and use standard cav hubs. o/s/f engine mount is slightly differant to the xe, have you got eps? Ive got full fitting instructions for the swap as i did mine myself. u2u me if you wana meet up chat or want help so we can swap numbers.
Jed D

7th Jul 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

griffin autosport conversion kit!!

cheaper and much better quality than LMF, top lads too

get in touch with david dixon
davegreen
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The LMF price you quoted is the full Mtech kit you will not need all of this depending on which car you get engine from? I picked up a cav for £450 taxed and tested which got me most of what you need. The best engines are the early ones pre balancer shafts or though its not hard to delete them, also the inlet manifold fit better more space than the later ones. I have some parts left over, flowed head, piper cams, Dblias pullies, enlarged throtle, early type inlet with wiring harnes ecu chiped.
corsarooney
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all of the sensible and helpfull replies gentlemen, great help

And thanks for all the offers of help and guidence, both of which i will need plenty of

So most of the parts are the same i.e shafts, hubs, some of the mounts

But it may be easier to buy a donor car. So if the earlier engines are better then i need to look more towards a cavelier or astra mk3 rather than a vectra or astra mk4??

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
davegreen
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats it, pre balancer shaft. easy way to tell is if it has a tin 1 peice sump or a cast ally 2 peice 1 with the balancer shafts. With buying a donnor car you also get to try the engine before you swap it, time you get all the bits you want works out cheaper plus you can weigh in the rest. got £136 for my vectra shell!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X20xev conversion help 23 database queries in 0.0145650 seconds