corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Damged/Salvage & Faulty Cars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Damged/Salvage & Faulty Cars
Callum

User status: Offline
8th Jul 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking for a bit of advice. Im young and want to buy cars that I can sort - If it doesn't work out at least I will have tried. Just wanted to know where you get these cars? Ive looked on ebay/gumtree/ad trader/auto trader but can't find much? Thanks!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th Jul 12 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

auctions, need a bit of capital or the money you earn isnt alot...
connollygt30

8th Jul 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Place in Whitburn called Copart,as said you need good money to kick it off
AndyCorsaSport

8th Jul 12 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copart you need to pay to be a member, and iirc you have to be a company?

A lot of the ones on eBay people buy from CoPart/Blue Cycle and stick some extra cash on and sell on.

What are you wanting to do? Buy them to fix or buy to break?
Callum

8th Jul 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have money sitting in my bank. I want to fix them and sell them on, obviously try one and see how it goes. Thanks
Callum

8th Jul 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just went onto that copart website, seems quite good. Thanks!
AndyCorsaSport

8th Jul 12 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look for Cat D or unrecorded, will be easier if your just starting, do you work with cars as a job?
Callum

8th Jul 12 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Look for Cat D or unrecorded, will be easier if your just starting, do you work with cars as a job?

No mate. Im a roofer
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jul 12 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copart you need an account for and the auction price has fees and VAT on top. And unrecorded stuff normally goes for loads, certainly far more than it would cost to buy an undamaged one. I think there are lots of people bidding thinking they're cheap when there are other ways to get the car and you won't end up with the premiums on top.

Unless you're getting the bits very cheap, its not a great way to make money. You'll learn a lot. Like don't buy damaged cars.

I've tried it a few different ways, buying unrecorded, buying recorded stuff with minor damage to repair and sell on, buying major damage to sell as a project.

Hence why I now stick to breaking them. And I've got access to a full workshop, loads of tools etc. Selling cars is graft. Your experience might be difficult but unless you lie a lot and say its been a great car for you for some years, most people are put right off. Even for a few hundred quid, the people I've dealt with all wanted a bouquet of flowers and a nosh. And that's selling good cars. If i'd have got a patchy one, magnify that by ten.

[Edited on 08-07-2012 by Ian]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Damged/Salvage & Faulty Cars 22 database queries in 0.0086370 seconds