corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Laptop Bags

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laptop Bags
James

User status: Offline
10th Jul 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't mean proper laptop bags, but backpacks/messenger bags with a proper bit for a laptop.

Which ones are good? Had a quick look at Tech Air, they have some decent offerings. Not sure if I want a backpack or messenger back yet, but I want to see what's out there.
Conway563

10th Jul 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a targus backpack one
Has done the job for the last few years. Has plenty of random pockets for all the other bits I have to carry
Rob_Quads

10th Jul 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In terms of actual back packs, I have the Burton White Collection backpack.

I liked it as it took my chunky work laptop without it looking like I am carrying an expensive laptop.
Gary
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a techair bag and its still going strong 6 years on. Not used day to day though
Whittie

10th Jul 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got given some gay LV bag by my brother at Christmas. Fear for my life whenever im on a train or public transport with it.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
I have a targus backpack one
Has done the job for the last few years. Has plenty of random pockets for all the other bits I have to carry

Snap

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
James

10th Jul 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been having a look, most of the backpacks look like the kind of the thing I had on my first day at school

I might just get a laptop sleeve and use my existing man bag. It's a work laptop anyway but it's a decent one so I want to look after it
James

10th Jul 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus backpacks are a pain on my commute, mainly because people get on packed trains with them still on their back, but still
pow
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look at be.ez
James

10th Jul 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is winning the race so far:

http://www.samsonite.co.uk/network-laptop-messenger-16-4-inch-jet-black/product-en.htm?or=9407365272

Pretty boring but most of them are crazy colours.

[Edited on 10-07-2012 by James]
James

10th Jul 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a winner:

http://www.knomobags.com/uk/men/best-sellers/bungo-messenger-leather-brown-17-laptop-bag.html/

Lots more than I wanted to spend but Knomo are a great brand and it will last forever!
Dom

10th Jul 12 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
We have a winner:

http://www.knomobags.com/uk/men/best-sellers/bungo-messenger-leather-brown-17-laptop-bag.html/

Lots more than I wanted to spend but Knomo are a great brand and it will last forever!

Style is ok but it's well overpriced for what it is. Can go to a proper leather store/outlet and pick up a top quality messenger bag for half that; would then just need a decent sleeve or hard-case for the laptop.
James

10th Jul 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh that's what I'm tempted to do TBH.

I already have this bag:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Visconti-XL-Messenger-Bag-Plus/dp/B003WBN1K0/ref=pd_sim_ap_2

So could just get a sleeve for the laptop.
evilrob
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one custom made by Rickshaw Bags in San Francisco:
http://www.rickshawbags.com/customize/custom-bag/fabric_selection/commuter-20

edit: 10% off with discount code DAMNGOODBAGS (got this from the above video)

It's pretty incredible as far as messenger bags go - it stands up on its own when you put it down (i.e. doesn't fall over, so you can set it on the floor and reach into it for stuff), it comes with both magnetic and velcro fasteners to keep the top flappy bit down (the silent magnetic fasteners can be removed, exposing velcro underneath if you want a more secure but noisier method of holding the flap down) - in either case you can always buckle the flap down for total flap security. Really comfortable quick-release adjustable strap, and sturdy carry handle. Two side pockets for water bottle. Nice padded, removable laptop sleeve inside - held in place with velcro. Loads of pockets front and back. It's a great bag.

You can choose the material and colours and stuff on their website and they make it for you. I like it cos it doesn't look too special, unassuming - I'd be worried with a posh knomo bag that it screams, "Hey opportunist thief - I got some expensive shit in here, yo."

It was this review here that sold it for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3a7x5KigWU&feature=player_embedded

I also got an iPad sleeve and a folio - but they were shit, nowhere near as good as the messenger bag.

I got another (better) iPad case from Portenzo.com:
http://portenzo.com/

Looks lovely - feels sturdy enough, but not sure how long it'll live as the leather is quite soft.

And a laptop case and accessories bag from sfbags.com:

Laptop: http://www.sfbags.com/products/cityslicker-macbookair-case/cityslicker-macbookair.php
Accessories: http://www.sfbags.com/products/keyboard-cases/keyboard-travel.php

The sfbags stuff is exceptionally good quality.

Yes, I am a bit anal about keeping my stuff in cases.

[Edited on 10-07-2012 by evilrob]
Ludacris Turbo

11th Jul 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a crumpler one! Can't fault it!
Aaron

11th Jul 12 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at Swiss branded ones IMO
Balling
Premium Member

11th Jul 12 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The very best there is, imo:

http://goo.gl/mDKPT

Have had a Fossil messenger bag since summer of 2010 and given it quite a bit of abuse.
Besides being my every day laptop bag, it has also assisted me in carrying camera and other shit all around the world. I've carried this bag in 4 countries on 3 different continents and I can't even begin to imagine the amount of hours it has spent on my shoulder.
What little sign of wear it shows only suits it and makes it look cooler.

I love Fossils style as it doesn't make me look too cool, too hip or too much like a teenager. Just a simple, good looking bag, that does its job.

Conway563

11th Jul 12 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
The very best there is, imo:

http://goo.gl/mDKPT

Have had a Fossil messenger bag since summer of 2010 and given it quite a bit of abuse.
Besides being my every day laptop bag, it has also assisted me in carrying camera and other shit all around the world. I've carried this bag in 4 countries on 3 different continents and I can't even begin to imagine the amount of hours it has spent on my shoulder.
What little sign of wear it shows only suits it and makes it look cooler.

I love Fossils style as it doesn't make me look too cool, too hip or too much like a teenager. Just a simple, good looking bag, that does its job.

I'm sorry but what relevance does that have to anything
Do certain bags suddenly disintegrate when they leave Europe?

My bag has survived daily use for 3+ years on the most dangerous road in Britain. Not sure how for the cost of it
Neo

11th Jul 12 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pow
Premium Member

11th Jul 12 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a bramble and brown one. It's fucking lovely.
adiohead

11th Jul 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a cheap one from PC World or Currys or something, and it's been amazing. Just one bit of velcro has lost it's stick.
Balling
Premium Member

11th Jul 12 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
Originally posted by Balling
I've carried this bag in 4 countries on 3 different continents

I'm sorry but what relevance does that have to anything
Do certain bags suddenly disintegrate when they leave Europe?

It's not so much relevant as it is a means of describing to which extend the Fossil messenger bag I own has been used. This I found relevant in the context of explaining the durability, as well as to some extend the versatility of said bag.

If anything you could say it was a bit of colorful phrasing. In any case, I did not mean to imply that traveling cross continent is in it self a proper means of thoroughly testing a bags quality.

John

11th Jul 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put my laptop in the school bag I got in 4th year about 12 years ago.

It's not got 1 broken part and it's survived many a TITP, does that help?
James

10th Aug 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update - decided to go for a backpack as I'll be travelling around Europe a lot and a messenger bag just gets annoying.

Needs to be as light as possible, all it will carry is a 15.6" laptop, charger, iPad and small umbrella.
Balling
Premium Member

10th Aug 12 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always feel like a kid when I wear a backpack.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll