corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HTC one phone reviews?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HTC one phone reviews?
Carl

User status: Offline
19th Jul 12 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone on here had one? any good? Not sure what is difference in the models? My 2 year contract has finished on my htc desire and to be honest its been sound and done everything I liked, only gripe is camera is shit so i've not taken many photos. before I used to use the camera quite a bit. Gone sim only at minute so on the look out for deals buying outright or entering another contract (dependant on the best deal that is!) I've never had an iphone and i'm not against them although I don't want to pay a premieum to look cool, rather have the best value, so maybe an old iphone might be ok? My understanding from this would be to wait for the new release to lower the prices of the others if I was going down that route?
Toby
Premium Member

19th Jul 12 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a one x and had it from release day.

Early ones had a few build defects which seem to be sorted. There have been a few software updates which have cured most other issues. Only one that seems to be reoccurring is the loss of sd space, where you have to format the sd card to regain a couple of gb that seems to.'disappear' every now and again.

Dependa how much you want to go into issues, won't bother looking at xda because they moan about everything on there, bit rate of the camera, the screen flexing when you bend it etc.

I'm happy with mine and would buy it again even after paying with the s3 as I don't like touch whizz or the look ofthe s3

[Edited on 20-07-2012 by Toby]
Toby
Premium Member

19th Jul 12 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and don't be worried about expensive contracts, I got a far better deal (value for money as well as cost) on this phone than I got on my desire, the desire I got a month after release.
deano87

19th Jul 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One S has an issue when it switches between GSM and 3.5g. Home screen has a fit. No real fix from operators or HTC yet. You can switch to GSM only or 3.5g only which stops the fitting, but not ideal in poor coverage areas.

Rumour has it there is a software fix. Some say it's hardware.
deano87

19th Jul 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my One S on O2 for £21.50 per month. £70 upfront but 500mb data, unlimited txts, 100 02 to 02 minutes, 100 any network any network. I only use 60 minutes if that. This was about 2 weeks after launch.

[Edited on 19-07-2012 by deano87]
bigboykarl

20th Jul 12 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always liked htc's...had a desire on release day then a desire hd..and the missus has got a sensation xe.....was stuck between the one x or galaxy s3..ended up getting s3..haven't really looked back..good camera fantastic phone
Carl

20th Jul 12 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear, someone else threw S3 into the mix, its slighlt cheaper a month too. S3 or HTC one x?!
AlunJ

21st Jul 12 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't got a one but a sensation xl and when it works it's not bad, but it rarely does, and spends most of it's time rebooting itself or just going dead for no reason, absolute shit.
Carl

21st Jul 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered a s3 yesterday.
bigboykarl

21st Jul 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

s3 good choice...battery life seems a lot better than any htc i've had

New Poll