corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Part time Studying

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Part time Studying
Tom G

User status: Offline
26th Jul 12 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen on the Open Uni website that part time studying students can now get a student loan, i presume which just covers equipment etc.

This is at the same time that the government are pulling out of funding courses, step in the right direction i think! Start helping the people who are out there already and hopefully safe on costs of putting wasters through NVQ's.
spencer88

26th Jul 12 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Serious?

Sweet, means I may be able to get help towards the outlandish costs of books and shit.
Tom G

26th Jul 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, Just seen it's on their page. Not sure how you would qualify as i know a lot of companies run distance learning, whether it is just for University back courses im not sure, but if you're with OU you should qualify
spencer88

26th Jul 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only for new part time students.
Well that sucks.
John

26th Jul 12 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are only a part time student surely you have another source of income?
spencer88

26th Jul 12 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
If you are only a part time student surely you have another source of income?

Yes, but as a trainee in my field, that income is not fantastic and as such any help towards the cost of materials would be gratefully appreciated.

Most full time students piss up their loan, you will find generally part time students want to do well and are generally more mature and use the money in the way it was intended, for books, not Jagerbombs.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Part time Studying 22 database queries in 0.0298989 seconds