corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » steering rack..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author steering rack..
Jed D

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 12 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of curiosity, does the steering rack bolt on exactly the same on all corsa b shells? e.g does it sit a tiny bit further back on a 1.0l or the likes of??
AshGSi

3rd Aug 12 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as far as im aware as it bolts the the bulkhead, which is the same on all models. Could be different between the epas, pump and manual setups, but not 100% sure on that. What is it your planning on doing, out of curiosity?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't see there being any need for a difference, the 3 different racks (EPS, hydraulic and manual) are all interchangeable so they should all be fitted in the same place I would've thought.
AshGSi

4th Aug 12 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thinking about it, th corsa im driving at the minute was converted from hydraulic pump to epas and it was a bolt off bolt on replacement.
Nic Barnes

4th Aug 12 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the same as far as ive ever seen
Jed D

5th Aug 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

non p/s rack iv got came with the 4 bolts, the hydraulic p/s one doesn't bolt on, its got threaded bits sticking out for 4 13mm nuts, just wondered does that bit stick out more on some models and on others does it bolt in flush?
Mike
Premium Member

5th Aug 12 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think I've ever seen a car that has the rack bolted on tbh, usually always threaded studs on the shell to sit the rack on then it's held on with nuts.

Both my Corsas have definitely been like that (both post-97, a Sport and an SXi)

Is it just the fact that it has bolts with it that's made you question it or is there actually a fitment problem?
Nic Barnes

6th Aug 12 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I changed mine from fluid pas to a non pas rack all bolted up fine.
Jed D

6th Aug 12 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wey i ask because we've tried my modified/fabricated back exhaust manifold on another corsa b with a fluid p/s rack, same mounts, same engine etc.... and the manifold didnt fit (hit the rack), yet this same manifold has been mounted twice in 2 other b's so i was wondering if the racks where different

cheers anyway
Mike
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The hydraulic rack is a bit bigger from what I remember so it may be that the previous Corsas had manual or EPAS racks.
Jed D

6th Aug 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv fitted the non p/s rack to mine which was in a corsa b with the manifold before so if it fitted in that it should fit in mine, no chassis difference in that area?

New Poll