corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » body shop/sprayer people in here!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author body shop/sprayer people in here!
tobyc20xe

User status: Offline
   11th Aug 12 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first off hello am toby, new to the site. not long had my X20XER corsa and want it respraying..good but cheap as all the body shops around here want 2k+!!

want to know if theres anyone on here willing to do it,more then happy to travel ect

thanks toby.

[Edited on 11-08-2012 by tobyc20xe]
Rich H

11th Aug 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, welcome!

Secondly:

quote:
Originally posted by tobyc20xe
good but cheap

No such thing.
Colin

11th Aug 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What on gods beardy faced earth is a bodey!?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

11th Aug 12 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would do it. But as rich said. Good and cheap don't go together. You get what you pay for.
Would you do your job to the standard you always do it but for half the wages?????

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
AndyCorsaSport

11th Aug 12 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What color is it? And what color you wanting to go?
tobyc20xe

11th Aug 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
I would do it. But as rich said. Good and cheap don't go together. You get what you pay for.
Would you do your job to the standard you always do it but for half the wages?????

verry true,but as i said 2K+ is a rip off in my eyes. willing to pay good money not nothing like that!
tobyc20xe

11th Aug 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
What color is it? And what color you wanting to go?

keeping it the same color as it is now brocade yellow.
AshGSi

11th Aug 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bodyshop i work in is in Manchester if your willing to travel. We usually charge around £1500 dependant on size of vehicle and how much damage needs repairing. The boss would have to see the car in person to give an accurate quote though. If you want the address etc then u2u me
fazza

11th Aug 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few mates have had resprays and there exactly as people say on here, you only get what you pay for.

Can get a respray around here for approx 800quid in same colour etc but prep won't be thorough(sp), will flake over time and be abit orange peely in places.

Whereas another mates bodyshop charge approx 2-2.5k and the paintwork is like glass.

Going to all the effort to respray your pride and joy, may aswell do it properly
Firestate88

11th Aug 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strip everything off as much as you can that'll bring the price down, and cash asweell sometimes helps, but never skimp on a spray job, cheap job usually means it'll need doing again in a year or less meaning it'll cost the same over time
baza31

11th Aug 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay roughly 800 for a full respray .his work is excellent . I've used alot of bodyshops in my time but he is truely a master at his job
baza31

11th Aug 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also if I got quoted for a respray and I wasn't happy I simply wouldn't pay for it . 2.5k is ridiculous
sam-6

11th Aug 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As already said, you get what you pay for mate but As above if you can take as much off stripping wise done that will help lower the price!
baza31

11th Aug 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree with you get what you pay for . It's all down to how good the painters skill is , not his price. He could quote you any figure and it doesn't mean you'll get a decent job.
Jimbothebarbarian

11th Aug 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
I disagree with you get what you pay for . It's all down to how good the painters skill is , not his price. He could quote you any figure and it doesn't mean you'll get a decent job.

This TBH

Prices have gone stupid in most places and the skill level has dropped at a similar rate..

Big money does not mean good job.
tobyc20xe

11th Aug 12 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:

This TBH

Prices have gone stupid in most places and the skill level has dropped at a similar rate..

Big money does not mean good job.

x2 i refusevto pay 2.5 the bodyshop want up here,i have sin there work before and it's really not worth the price tbh.

willing to travel and do without a car for a week or so as i can walk to work.
Graeme
Premium Member

12th Aug 12 at 00:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a full respray you will be looking at more than a week as it will be fitted in along other jobs. For private jobs I charge around £1k for same colour resprays. That's minor dents, rust etc. Through the work would be around £2k ish. to far from you but you do generally get what you pay for.

Also people saying about the prices rising, the cost of materials is crazy now. Basecoat for a litre is about minimum of £55for decent stuff. Decent lacquer your talking £500 for a ful 5L kit. It's not cheap.

[Edited on 12-08-2012 by Graeme]
Eddx14xe

12th Aug 12 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was looking at spraying some bits on my car, it was £70 for a litre of paint. The lacquer weren't much cheaper either.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

12th Aug 12 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its £500+ vat for 3.5 litres of solid base coat. Metallics are 10% more and pearls 20% more.
Then lacquer as said is £500 for kit.
These are retail prices. If I did a repaint for £1k I might as well give you £200 to go elsewhere.

baza31

12th Aug 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its £500+ vat for 3.5 litres of solid base coat. Metallics are 10% more and pearls 20% more.
These are retail prices. If I did a repaint for £1k I might as well give you £200 to go elsewhere.

£500 in lacquer ? And same for 3.5l base coat? does your supplier wear black and White stripey jumper and a balaclava ?

Steve
Premium Member

12th Aug 12 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yet more comments from internet experts. Do you own a bodyshop? Are you in the trade? I could get paint a lot cheaper than that too but doesn't make it the proper stuff.
baza31

12th Aug 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Yet more comments from internet experts. Do you own a bodyshop? Are you in the trade? I could get paint a lot cheaper than that too but doesn't make it the proper stuff.

If that's aimed at me yes I am in the motor trade which doesn't mean a thing in this instance anyhow. Knowing the value of something is totally different. Also you've contradicting yourself .
Steve
Premium Member

12th Aug 12 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you're not in the trade and don't deal In the paint marketplace on a day to day basis, therefore you know as much about it as me. /end

[Edited on 12-08-2012 by Steve]
Sunz

12th Aug 12 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

£500 in lacquer ? And same for 3.5l base coat? does your supplier wear black and White stripey jumper and a balaclava ?

You should sell Tomnova16 lacquer and base coat, make a nice profit !
Tomnova16
Premium Member

12th Aug 12 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also if you beak it down per panel a £1k repaint works out at £90 a panel. Bugger that

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » body shop/sprayer people in here! 23 database queries in 0.0154550 seconds