corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B 1.4 16v losing water??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.4 16v losing water??
moka

User status: Offline
17th Aug 12 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At first there was visible water leaking from the radiator... I tried 'radweld' but that did'nt work. Not a problem i replaced the radiator with a brand new one and at the same time cleaned the sensor (i'm guessing it was the temp sensor?... the one that screws into the rad).

Now the temperature seems to hover around 92-94 instead of below 90 (as before). I assumed this was because i cleaned the sensor and it was picking up the temp of the water a bit better.

Anyway, the temp gradually got higher and higher until one day it was hovering around 100!!!! I stopped at a petrol station and looked at the water and it was low ... I refilled it and carried on... A week later the same thing happened.....

What's weird is the fan is not kicking in every time?... I stopped at the petrol station and the fan was not on... But i got home and left it idling and it kicked in at around 97~.

I'm not sure what the problem is? I tried bleeding the system and it made no difference... There is no mayo round the cap so i'm hoping it's not the headgasket (how else can i tell without compression testing)?

My guesses at the min are: the radweld has blocked pipes, the headgasket has gone???, my water pump has gone (how do i check?) or I have another leak (i cannot see any???).

Any help I would appreciated.

[Edited on 19-08-2012 by moka]
moka

19th Aug 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone?
SkippyX14XE

19th Aug 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rad weld isnt the best thing to use lf your using it in your pride and joy lol i used it in my gf 3 cylinder and it worked but that was a shitter haha. back the the problem though if its loosing water check around the thermostat housing on the head side, mine weeps from there from time to time

New Poll