corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » "Automatic" Photo & Video slideshow wanted

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "Automatic" Photo & Video slideshow wanted
stubs

User status: Offline
20th Aug 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Is there any free software available that will allow me to do the following;

I want a PC/Laptop that's running windows 7 to be able to display a slideshow of photos and videos on a continuous loop with some sort of password protection to stop anyone interfering with it.

The videos will be stored locally on the machine, but I want the photo's to be sourced from an SD card. I'd like to be able to plug the SD card into the PC, and have the slideshow start automatically.

Anyone know of anything that would allow this?

Even better as well would be if there was an option to trigger the video to cut into the photo slideshow at any point using a keypress, so the video is "on demand" so to speak

Cheers,
Stu
noshua

20th Aug 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best bet is to set the photos as a screensaver via windows or a 3rd party app and unplug the mouse and keyboard. DO the video thing manually
Gaz

20th Aug 12 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree to a point with Noshua... for the cheapest and simplest way of doing this based on no-one having access to the base unit is to use any form of software and just unplug the keyboard and mouse.
Because you are dealing with two forms of media windows inbuilt slideshow in theory should help you out initially but you will need to set all your resolutions the same.

New Poll