corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » curious about a 1.8 bored to 86mm with a 2.0 16v head?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author curious about a 1.8 bored to 86mm with a 2.0 16v head?
harvey_1066

User status: Offline
24th Aug 12 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was talking to a rally mate of mine joe price, and he's a brother thats building a rally engine and im sure he said he's got a vauxhall 1.8 16v block and having it bored out to standard 2.0 16v 86mm bore and using 2.0 rods and 2.0 86mm omega pistons and bolting a done out 2.0 16v head onto it? im sure he said they're significantly lighter than a 2.0 block and they're just as strong for the power, as he's hoping to get 250hp from this 1.8 / 2.0 combination.

anyone else heard of this? just curious really as you dont hear of much 1.8 16v tuning in the car modified world thats all.
Nic Barnes

24th Aug 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what it is if it's a large block 1.8
harvey_1066

24th Aug 12 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the difference thought they only did one 1.8 16v...
Nic Barnes

24th Aug 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did a big block and a small block one.

edit, big block was in astra gsi 1.8 16v L reg and m reg, possibly other models although im not actually sure.

[Edited on 24-08-2012 by Nic Barnes]
scottyp1989

24th Aug 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cavs as well, think older because as well
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Aug 12 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C18XE was in the mk3 Astra (and probably other things too), then the X18XE in early mk4 Astras and Vectra Bs - both of these are big block. Then the X18XE1 replaced the big block and the Z18XE replaced that. The latter two are small block.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » curious about a 1.8 bored to 86mm with a 2.0 16v head? 23 database queries in 0.0111060 seconds