corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VW Passat's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VW Passat's
Bonney

User status: Offline
4th Sep 12 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know any of the common faults with them?

Been offered a 07 plate 2.0 tdi think its the 140bhp model with about 120k on the clock, Just wandering if anyone knows what to look for on them and what they are like to live with.

Its very similar to this

simonATR

5th Sep 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking of getting the same. I would be interested to know aswell.
Munchie

5th Sep 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=642247

This guy has the older 1
whitter45

5th Sep 12 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its depends on what you read but my mate who works at the horseshoe says they have had a few in with cracked heads around the 100k to 120k mark

pow
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My uncle has a 1.6 slowmotion one and it hasn't put a foot wrong
Jon_C
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=642247

This guy has the older 1

Mines a petrol turbo and the older model so no real comparison. I love mine though. Comfy and seems well put together
AdamF
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was a recall on injectors on the 2.0tdi, might want to see if thats been done
Gareth T

5th Sep 12 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had these through work abd family have had the estate's. good pulling.power plenty of space, Id have one.
Gez G

6th Sep 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recall on the 2.0 injectors at VW and the electronic rear calipers can be problematic.
deano87

6th Sep 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electronic handbrake is as irritating as hell.
pow
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh yes, Steve moans about that
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats so irritating about an electronic handbrake?
richc

6th Sep 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gez G
Recall on the 2.0 injectors at VW and the electronic rear calipers can be problematic.

These are the main bulk of company car at my work. Virtually all of them have had both of these done. Oil pump died on one at 250k too. Suppose to be a common problem but 250k is fair enough in my eyes

Cant really comment on how they wear their milage though - we have one at 180k and it is like brand new. Interior no marks and the gear stick looks like its never been touched. Others with 150k are shagged. Totally depends who has had them and how they have been looked after.
pow
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And how greasy the hands that have used them are. My mito is nearing 50k now and the steering wheel is still nice the leather like, I've got a couresy one today and it's got late-teens on the clock and the steering wheel is smooth!
Ben J

6th Sep 12 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electronic handbrakes are great once used to them. Especially if it auto release when you set off.

Bonney

6th Sep 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hered about the handbrake problems, not too keen on them but its something that will grow on me. They are the ones where you have to press the brake pedal down and push the button. Been told about the injectors by a mechanic and aparantly vw have a recall for them so that might be something to check up on.

Noticed the interior was pretty good when i seen it, Was a bit grubby inside just needs a good valet and a new set of mats in it. With the 120k on the clock it still felt like a new car to drive, was very surprised about it!

Anyone know if they are timing belts or chains and when do they need replacing? Could be a deal breaker if its not been done either they get it done or get some money knocked off!
John

6th Sep 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The handbrake is a pita on my dads, good cars otherwise, wouldn't want a 120k one though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VW Passat's 22 database queries in 0.0145540 seconds