corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay - Cancelling Transaction

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay - Cancelling Transaction
Dom

User status: Offline
5th Sep 12 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Touch wood, i haven't had any real issues with selling on eBay but just after a little bit of advice.

I was selling an item last week and stupidly broke it whilst i was packaging it (complete school boy error). As the auctions duration was less that 12hrs, i couldn't attach a note, edit the description nor cancel the auction. So i cancelled all the bids (as eBay help told me to) and messaged all the bidders letting them know the situation and apologised for the inconvenience.
Anyway someone sniped in the last few seconds and bought the item. I've messaged them to let them know it's broken and i've filed for a Transaction Cancellation; this was 9 days ago and i've heard absolute squat back from them nor have they responded to the cancellation request.

Do i need to message them again letting them know the situation and to respond to the cancellation? Or is there a way i cancel the transaction from my end (I've spotted the 'I want to end communication with the buyer' option under 'Take Action' but is this what i'm after?)?

Tar
Munchie

5th Sep 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, just click it.

Even if he leaves bad feedback, the situation is sorted because you have already taken action to say the item is broken and you want to cancel the transaction
Brett
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you could still cancel the auction within 12hrs as long as you removed all bids first?

I'd just send them a nice message in this scenario and hope they don't get the hump.
Dom

5th Sep 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett - I thought that too but i searched everywhere and couldn't find anything. eBay help didn't give much insight either.

Munchie - Cheers, will give it ago.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah well, too late now I guess, but I'm damn sure I did that in the past. Went onto bid history, deleted one by one then cancelled.
baza31

5th Sep 12 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you delete all bids you can end it . Also I think if you do it on mobile app it does it automatically
Dom

5th Sep 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cancelled the bids (at this point the auction had an hour or so to go) as the eBay help centre/resolution page told me to but i still kept getting the "Auction duration less that 12hrs" error when trying to end the auction.

Either way, i've (hopefully) closed the Cancel Transaction request. Is it a case of leaving it now and ebay should knock off the fee's from the 'eBay fees' invoice?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay - Cancelling Transaction 22 database queries in 0.0107939 seconds