corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Freshly cleaned CR-Z

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Freshly cleaned CR-Z
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Sep 12 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally found the time to wash and photograph the new car in order to properly show it off to the internet, as per tradition.

Big thanks to Rich H for patiently answering all my noob questions about how to clean a car and what products to use!!!

2012 Honda CR-Z 1.5 GT
124 hp hybrid engine with 6 speed manual gearbox.

After only 24 months and very limited sales this model has now been discontinued in this country and has thus become somewhat of a rarity.

It really is a remarkably fun car to drive and despite (or perhaps because of) the somewhat cut-n-shut appearance it actually manages to turn a few heads.

[Edited on 10-09-2012 by Balling]

N16K

9th Sep 12 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good, the rear bootlid reminds me of that eco honda from a few years back!

this gen 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Insight

[Edited on 09-09-2012 by N16K]
Nick-S

9th Sep 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they look fantastic. Pitty they never made one with a properly decent engine.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th Sep 12 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have done a proper type r

for a car that was based on a car called a pocket rocket i think they have ruined it by not making a reasonably quick version
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th Sep 12 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better than a Prius! Rear reminds me of a CRX which is cool but not a fan of over all car!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 12 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought there was an option for a 200 hp version in the UK? Or is that an aftermarket kit?

gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Sep 12 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mugen made a run of 5 of so forced induction ones which got to reviews. never went further then that though. Theres a modded one round this wau which looks really good :-)

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Balling
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a bit shit then. Just thought it was us with our stupid tax, that didn't get the top model, as usual.

Just had my wife check the import numbers (she works at a Honda dealership) and only 62 of these have been sold over here out of a total of 452,023 cars in the period.

Ben G

10th Sep 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very strange looking car

photo's are of amazing quality though. i'd expect to see them in the brochure for the car! good job.

i've seen a modded one in a local tesco's and it looked great. think it was lowered with some nice alloys.
Jambo

10th Sep 12 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interior is a lovely colour. Looks very inviting.
Not a big Honda fan but that is unique at least
SimonTW

10th Sep 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Superb pics! They look like they would be used in the brochure.
Balling
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
very strange looking car

think it was lowered with some nice alloys.
It is indeed. I've come to terms with it, but every time I focus on that rear it just looks off, some how.

Thanks re. the pic comments. I think I was lucky with the lighting as the sunset really worked well for the pearl paint. Also helps that the car is almost brand new, i guess.

Whittie

10th Sep 12 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How bloody clean! Interior shots are excellent!

Looks lovely pal.
Balling
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Whitfield!

Rich H is to thank for the cleanliness as honestly, he's put more work in to answering all my stupid question than I have put in to actually cleaning it.

Interior is just about the best thing on this car. Fantastic place to be and just looks and feels quality.

Rich H

10th Sep 12 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on Alex photos are fantastic and that looks uber clean - RD DK?!

Don't see many of them around over here either, but although I'm not a huge fan of Honda's in general, I do quite like these for their styling!
Balling
Premium Member

11th Sep 12 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Rich, I'll consider that proposition.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Freshly cleaned CR-Z 23 database queries in 0.0156820 seconds