corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » My latest HDR pics. A couple of sunsets and Snowdon mountain range

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My latest HDR pics. A couple of sunsets and Snowdon mountain range
Rob E

User status: Offline
13th Sep 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening folks. I've been busy producing some more image this week which have also tested some features on a custom firmware I installed onto my 400D and wanted to share the results with you. The first two are taken from my parent's living room and the third is taken from the A489 deep in Snowdonia National Park.

1. Clouds make for amazing sunsets.

As the sun set one evening the clouds really did add some drama to the sky. Luckily I had the camera to hand

Pano from Balcony by rob.evans22, on Flickr

2. Calm after the storm.

The evening I returned home from my holiday in Greece was wet and horrible. As I sat down with my dinner there was break in the clouds and the unveiling of a very dramatic sunset. I was really lucky to capture this one as the rays of sunshine hitting the sea were only visible for a few minutes and the shot I took after this turned out to be pretty bland and has ended up in the recycle bin! For this image I used the custom firmware's extended AEB feature (Auto Exposure Bracketing). It takes 9 exposures instead of the standard 3 and most definitely makes a difference to the HDR process by reducing noise levels signifiantly

HDR from Balcony by rob.evans22, on Flickr

3. Snowdonia Mountain Range.

It was my Parent's 30th wedding anniversary on the 29th July and to celebrate we went for a meal in Portmeirion where they spent their first married night together all them years ago The Mrs had come up especially for meal so on the way back we showed her around Snowdonia. This photo was taken from the top of the A489 out the back of Beddgelert (awesome driving road) and has an amazing viewpoint from the top which is where I took this photo. I didn't think it was going to come out very well as it was really windy but luckily my cheap tripod from ASDA performed well. I built this photo from 21 (yes twenty one) different exposures. which is 7 HDR'd images all stitched together in photoshop followed by some PP. It looks awesome when viewed in its original size (click here to view full size).

Snowdonia Mountain Range by rob.evans22, on Flickr

Any feedback welcomed!
Rob E

13th Sep 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not posting in Snap Day fail
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bottom ones cool, 1st and 2nd too much hdr processing IMO
BluKoo

13th Sep 12 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Delete and repost in snap day.

Still not a huge fan of HDR. Some can work, but others just look too much.

The first 2 do nothing for me, but the last one has potential.

[Edited on 13-09-2012 by BluKoo]
SXI - Matt

13th Sep 12 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the sky in the 2nd one and 3rd looks good to I'd be happy with them
Ricky352

14th Sep 12 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those are great pics imo, especially the last one. After Billing was cancelled this year we stayed in Wales and spent time in Portmeirion and near Snowdon, we may have been up that road. It was the first time I'd been in Wales and I loved it!
Scotty_B

14th Sep 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last one look ok, but the first two are far to OTT.
noshua

14th Sep 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the first two more than the third one, could do with photoshopping the cable out though.
Rob E

15th Sep 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the feedback guys. Still learning the ropes with HDR so ill take your comments on board for the next time

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » My latest HDR pics. A couple of sunsets and Snowdon mountain range 22 database queries in 0.0103331 seconds