corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » D.I.Y leather door cards...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author D.I.Y leather door cards...
tobyc20xe

User status: Offline
   17th Sep 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thinking of a few mods for the corsa as it's pay day end of this week and really want some leather door cards.

just seeing if anyone has done this before on the cheap I.E got something like this off ebay and done it them selfs with vinyl glue?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Faux-Leather-Vinyl-Upholstery-Fabric-4-99p-m-/150491160376?pt=UK_Crafts_Fabric_Textiles_SM&hash=item2309f8df38

if so anyone got any pics ect?

looking for a set of black heated cav leather seats to if anyone has some u2u me

thanks toby

[Edited on 17-09-2012 by tobyc20xe]
Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs a join on teh edge of the armsret iirc, unless its super flexable and you might be able to get away with it
tobyc20xe

17th Sep 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Needs a join on teh edge of the armsret iirc, unless its super flexable and you might be able to get away with it

yeah sin a few were it's stiched around there,would useing a heat gun on low heat not let it streach into place untill the glue sets?

really want to give this ago.
Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd give it a blast. Go get a shitty doorcard from the scrappers and see what happens
tobyc20xe

17th Sep 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd give it a blast. Go get a shitty doorcard from the scrappers and see what happens

yeah was thinking that myself,don't want to fuck my door cards up trying it. il go get some on thurday morning and see what happends.

anyone else not tryed this or any pics?

thanks toby.
Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94789
tobyc20xe

17th Sep 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94789

cheers for the link,don't seem to hard any ideas as the were i can get some leather from that would streach ones heated up? or even some sort of leather wrap stuff?
Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where in bradford are you?
tobyc20xe

17th Sep 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where in bradford are you?

about 5 mins from town mate.
Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There used to be a trimmers in Cleckheaton but i'm not sure if hes still here. I drive past in the AM, so i'll have a look as i got some off him a while back. Also, there's a place in dewsbury that sells it iirc
karisma_corsa

17th Sep 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely needs a seam somewhere or a shitload of heat and a suitable contact adhesive. Never use spray glue!!!

Here's some I've done to maybe help you get an idea of doorcard shapes Etc.

And a couple of general interiors I've done

If you need any help then pm me.
tobyc20xe

17th Sep 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads ,il give it ago any how see how it gose. has anyone else tryed to do thi?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » D.I.Y leather door cards... 22 database queries in 0.0094991 seconds