corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Removal of Funmoods Search on Windows PC

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removal of Funmoods Search on Windows PC
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Sep 12 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright, I'm sure this is pretty simple, but I'm not a Windows user, so I'm pretty stuck.

My wife's work Lenovo constantly uses "Funmoods" as it's preferred search engine. Searching directly from the address bar in both IE and Chrome launches funmoods.com.

Google gives millions of results, most of which seem to want me to buy software to remove it.

I checked appwiz.cpl as per some Google instruction and removed "Funmoods Toolbar", but it didn't help.

The computer is brand new and besides Chrome, Evernote and Gimp doesn't have any downloaded software installed, but seems to be PACKED with bloatware. It has four or five IE toolbars installed. Three of which I can't remove through appwiz.cpl.

I'm sure it's something my wife has clicked "yes" to on Facebook or similar, but how the fuck do I get rid of it?

And keep it English please, as I really don't know what I'm doing here.

Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wipe it and put a nice clean copy of windows on it.

Slap the mrs for messing with things.

Send to kitchen to make tea while you fix it for her.
Bart

17th Sep 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might sound simple, but have you checked Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs?
Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really an option at this point. They don't have IT in house, so everything to do with VPN and server access is done externally and, hence, is costly to set up again.

Also, as the issue isn't any bigger, she'd rather live with it.

I'm just trying to prove my self a man by venturing in to something I have no knowledge about.

Bart

17th Sep 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BallingI'm sure it's something my wife has clicked "yes" to on Facebook or similar, but how the fuck do I get rid of it?

btw Funmoods is normally associated with 'adult sites'
Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
it might sound simple, but have you checked Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs?
Yeah, I think the appwiz.cpl thing is just a shortcut to that.

Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
btw Funmoods is normally associated with 'adult sites'
I found that as well.

Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright, got Chrome working now.

It had a Funmoods extension installed as well as "Internet Search" as it's preferred search engine.

Every setting in IE says Google, though...

Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DONE!

I'll just let this float if it could ever be of future help.

The Google extension for IE was some how modified, so it redirected to a funmoods URL. I had no option to change this.
Switched to Bing and unistalled Google extension, reinstalled Google and everything seems to work now.

New Poll