corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe driveshaft !

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe driveshaft !
aaron_c20

User status: Offline
   19th Sep 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello people im new to the forum ...... iv got a corsa b and iv done a c20xe conversion with a friend and the only thing weve got problems with is the driveshafts its been a nightmare we got the car running in a couple days but taken a month to find shafts .... i have an F20 gearbox and i have the drivers side shaft already just need offside ... i cant seem to find it anywere iv been scrapyards over and over again NO luck ... i know i need the 1.6 gsi corsa b shaft but were can i get this ? please help !!!
aaron_c20

19th Sep 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the corsa is running on original hubs too .....
possy

19th Sep 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its easyier to go big block shafts and hubs mate or ring greggsi
Corsa_Sport21

19th Sep 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you handy with a welder??
aaron_c20

19th Sep 12 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

my friend is yeah whys that ?
aaron_c20

19th Sep 12 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by possy
Its easyier to go big block shafts and hubs mate or ring greggsi

whos greggsi lol ?
reecegsi

19th Sep 12 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

search his name probably owns/broke 9 out of 10 c20xe corsas lol between him and holmesgsi anyway
Corsa_Sport21

19th Sep 12 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aaron_c20
quote:

You can cut and weld the CV joint. Not sure what 1 you would need to keep, but just cut the appropriate CV off and weld it onto the shaft you will be using.
tobyc20xe

20th Sep 12 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aaron_c20
quote:

You can cut and weld the CV joint. Not sure what 1 you would need to keep, but just cut the appropriate CV off and weld it onto the shaft you will be using.

words fail me!
possy

20th Sep 12 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greg will have the bits you need look in for sale section and find him

and dnt start cutting and riggin drive shafts up they will only brake
gazza808

20th Sep 12 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a pair..
Corsa_Sport21

20th Sep 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with welding shafts, IF, you are good at welding, and know where to join them.

An old friend who done mine has done countless XE conversions, makes his own mounts and shafts if thats what you want. Not 1 has ever broke, and he also used them on his own LET Corsa.

You just need to have a bit of a brain in your head and know where to weld them, and where not to weld them.
tom130691
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there on splines for a reason
tobyc20xe

20th Sep 12 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nothing wrong with welding shafts, IF, you are good at welding, and know where to join them.

An old friend who done mine has done countless XE conversions, makes his own mounts and shafts if thats what you want. Not 1 has ever broke, and he also used them on his own LET Corsa.

You just need to have a bit of a brain in your head and know where to weld them, and where not to weld them.

and anyone with half a brain would know this is a fucking shit way of doing thing's also a bosh! for the price of a c.v and knowing it's not going to fall apart just buy the right parts!
Corsa_Sport21

21st Sep 12 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tobyc20xe
quote:

and anyone with half a brain would know this is a fucking shit way of doing thing's also a bosh! for the price of a c.v and knowing it's not going to fall apart just buy the right parts!

It probably is a bosh in some people's eye's, mainly the people who don't have a clue, but welding shafts isn't uncommon. You are making it out to be worse than what it actually is. I would imagine it happens quite alot on other conversions too where parts aren't available or don't exist yet.

In this case though, the parts are available, but the OP is having trouble finding the parts, ive merely just gave him another option.
tobyc20xe

21st Sep 12 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tobyc20xe
quote:

It probably is a bosh in some people's eye's, mainly the people who don't have a clue, but welding shafts isn't uncommon. You are making it out to be worse than what it actually is. I would imagine it happens quite alot on other conversions too where parts aren't available or don't exist yet.

In this case though, the parts are available, but the OP is having trouble finding the parts, ive merely just gave him another option. [/quot

i do have a clue thank's,it also make's the c.v unbalanced so will shake bearing apart and feel like shit to drive. if parts are not yet available you would get custom parts made up for fuck sake. welding C.V's is a bosh! not the way to do things! more to the point why the fuck would you on your pride and joy?? if your going to do something... do it right!
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

22nd Sep 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you need is a Corsa GSI or 1.6 Sport drivershaft, and an Inner CV joint from a MK2 1.6 Cavalier.

If you have a TMS nearby or someone who stocks AMK components the part number for the Inner CV joint is TDL3051R
monkeytwizzel

22nd Sep 12 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go big block hubs then you can use standard 2l shafts and even eqaul length if you wanted to.golf syncro bearings in corsa hubs are used a lot now because the hubs don,t need much work to fit them,just need machining out a couple of mm and circlip grove recut.
2l nearside driveshaft sometimes needs the circlip groove moved on the shaft itself and there you go-right shafts for for engine.
A more detailed discription is on line under c20xe conversion driveshafts.
aaron_c20

24th Sep 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
What you need is a Corsa GSI or 1.6 Sport drivershaft, and an Inner CV joint from a MK2 1.6 Cavalier.

If you have a TMS nearby or someone who stocks AMK components the part number for the Inner CV joint is TDL3051R

i have the inner cv joint ........ just need the gsi 1.6 driveshaft just cant find them anywere !
Jed D

24th Sep 12 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sick of looking for proper, big shafts/hubs for mine, people trying to sell me shite or telling me diesel ones etc....

just going to spend that bit extra and get some brand new ones from griffin auto-sport...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Griffin-Autosport-Parts/118117631589667

the best, unbreakable shafts you can get
aaron_c20

24th Sep 12 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

24th Sep 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Motor factors will be able to supply you with a brand new driveshaft surely
aaron_c20

24th Sep 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill have a browse
davieslim

25th Sep 12 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sent you a message about a week ago telling you that i had one so isnt that hard to find
Nic Barnes

25th Sep 12 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just use standard calibra shafts then the hubs to suit.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe driveshaft ! 22 database queries in 0.0165389 seconds